1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Honda be anymore lame (rhetorical)

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, May 12, 2022.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Or both dead and alive until someone opens the box....

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think the little bikes are cool and apparently, so does the entire market.

3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I think its less about how cool they are, and more about how its all anyone can afford anymore.

G 97 likes this.
  4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Old people can ... those wanting to relive their youth.

Past Glory likes this.
  5. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

You're one cool cat.

fastfreddie likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Schroedinger was Japanese?

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hai, Schloedingel-san.

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Honda should be more like that other manufacturer who thinks racing in GP is going to result in big unit sales of sportbikes that went out of style 15 years ago in developed markets.

9. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Correct, nothing has excited me in that segment since Yamaha started putting traction control on the R6.

After they added TC, Throttle by wire, Anti-whoolie control, 200hp+, where do you go from there? Now insurance companies have made them unattainable to the buyer who wants them most.

Lots of challenges to the industry that now seems to be going back to low tech / smaller displacement offerings.

10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Lame? Same reason you spend all of your time growing corn, soybeans, and hay, Garth. So you can sell it at a profit, hopefully.

They've likely already been selling these by the bucket-loads in their domestic market. So why not make a few mods to meet US regulations and generate even more revenue on their investment?

I'll be putting a deposit on one soon. May even consider selling my 2 month old Trail 125 I waited over 6 months for.

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Suzuki should’ve paid heed…and maybe no white towel in MotoGP. Classic shit sells, and Big Red is trying to get as much of that market as possible. They can’t pay MM93 with Crypto. Also, Mir will riding a new Monkey through the paddock next year…giggling…lol.

FastByKids likes this.
  12. FastByKids

G 97 does have a point. The last thing Honda made that had character and a soul was the RC51.

Saiyan66 likes this.
  13. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I LOVE the Monkey. If they update it with the 5 speed from the Grom I'll put an order in for one the same day. The small city bikes are so much fun and I love the styling of the Monkey, plus I don't want to associate with the Grom squids even though I love the little 125s. Hence, the Monkey is the perfect city runabout bike.

I'm personally not a fan of the Navi but all these little bikes get more newbies on bikes and someday those are the people we'll be racing against, not everyone is riding an R1 by age 16. Until recently, motorcycle sales had been on the decline for 10-15 years so anything we can do to get more bikes in peoples garages will help our hobby and sport.

G 97 likes this.
  14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If selling more of these wee bikes gives them the budget to keep racing, then they should build and sell every single one they can to make a profit. Nothing lame about that at all.

FastByKids and Nathey like this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It will soon all be electric and every race will be a sprint race

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, no. VTR1000 had more character. And neither had soul.

418 likes this.
  17. FastByKids

Papa bite your neck! VTR1000 was fuggly! Like Pontiac Aztec ugly!

There is a hell of a market for RC51's. Not so much for the VTR...

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't realize that you were talking about looks and posing. Sorry. I was talking about engine character.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Daaaaaaaamn

20. FastByKids

The RC51 did the job it was designed. Slaughter the Ducati's in AMA racing.

VTR1000 was know for torched heads and valve issues. Blah, on engine character.