1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone experienced in wrenching on a C8 Corvette?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirCrashAlot, May 10, 2022.

1. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Have a question about the transmission fluid.

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

dude… you certainly didn’t break it already… nearly everything now has no auto trans dipstick if that what you can’t find ;)

hope you’re all good brother.

Suzuka_joe and SirCrashAlot like this.
  3. SirCrashAlot

Didn't break it but I'm not having too much faith in the dealership that it came from.

No dipstick but I opened the fill hole and tried to hit fluid with a popsicle stick. Never did.

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You on tick tok by chance? Don't laugh, there is a guy on there that has rebuilt some already and he is more then helpful if you message him.

BigBird and SirCrashAlot like this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Is it acting up or you just checking things out?

I know nothing about it.
    Just curious…

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

7. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Theres got to be a trans fluid level digital display on the dash of that spaceship.

8. SirCrashAlot

Welp had the obligatory transmission fluid filter and fluid changed around 4500 miles (manual says 7500). Around 5100 miles the check engine light came on and I got a message saying the transmission temperature was too high. Thats what inspired me to take a look before I drive it 50 miles to the dealership with low transmission fluid in it.

BigBird and 27 like this.
  9. SirCrashAlot

Not on tiktok but thank you.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You probably need to check and fill at specified temperature. On my Audi I have to plug computer in and get oil to 40ºC.

BigBird likes this.
  11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’d imagine you need to have a good scanner with live data and manufacturer specific profiles to be able to see fluid levels and temperature. You also might need to check to see if you have to filter the shavings out of the old fluid and put them in the new fluid to maintain the transmission

JCW likes this.
  12. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Late model racecraft over in Houston have been tuning them and making some good power. Maybe give them a call

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Apparently ya have to add two quarts of trans fluid if ya plan on tracking the c8.
    Thought that was weirdness.
    If I remember correctly trans fluid at 110f to check levels.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The C7 Z06's were notorious for coming 1/2 qt low in the rear diff.

I wouldn't be surprised 1 bit if the trans fluid is low.

15. SirCrashAlot

That's the thing.... ive had the transmission service done on it at the dealership. You'd think they would know how much to put back in it...unless.... they said they did it but didn't.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You ever had service done at a dealership before? They’re not employing Edd China to work on customer’s cars.

17. SirCrashAlot

Took the c7 in for transmission fluid change about a month before and they did a good job.

18. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

I think someone posted a few pics of c8s at dealerships that had some unfortunate issues while on the lift; always makes me question who's doing the work. I have enough trouble getting our c5 up in the garage to work on it. Even on ramps and jack stands, it was a bit nerve racking getting under it.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Where are you? Lots of Specific Corvette shops. We have one in Pensacola (Leo's Corvette's) They are kinda a specialty vehicle and usually dealerships will have one or 2 "Corvette Techs" kinda like Diesel specific guys.

Hopefully being a trans fluid they didn't have an entry level guy do it.

I would ask questions for sure.

20. SirCrashAlot

I'm about 50 miles west of Asheville (where the car came from). Finally talked to their service manager. Told me to add some fluid to it and bring it over. Not an easy task in a HTC.