1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burner Apps for selling on craigslist

Discussion in 'General' started by Rico888, May 4, 2022.

1. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Need some guidance here from anyone that knows the best way to setup a burner app for selling on Craigslist....

Had not used CL for some time and decided to sell a very clean Ridgeline I own....so...paid and put the ad up, making sure I mixed numbers and words in the contact number to call, hopefully weeding out some of the idiots I was expecting once ad went live....

Immediately started getting weird texts from numbers from Louisianna...Nebraska...Florida...on and on...

Don't want to use my cell any longer so thought I would ask if anyone has experience with any burner apps like...Burner or Hushed

Any insight on how/what to use to get my personal number out of the mix would be appreciated...don't really want to go down the road of buying a burner phone, so I thought an app might do the trick for me....

Thanks

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Google voice

G Dawg, TurboBlew and Sudowoodo like this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Craigslist is still a thing?

Huh. Who would have known.

Spooner likes this.
  4. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

use the automated email feature of craigslist instead of phone for initial contact? acts as a middleman and doesnt reveal your true email

Mike Lafayette and svracer22 like this.
  5. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

Best way to go for sure! I hate spam calls/texts.

6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Nobody uses Craigslist, use FB Marketplace. You can weed people out easily through messenger.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest this. I sold my Toyhauler on there pretty painlessly.

8. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Use google voice. Even for dating, selling on this forum, every interaction on the internet. Someone can look up your address and all your info from your phone number. There’s some fucking crazies out there. I was stalked and had to get a restraining order for a crazy women.

9. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

Sell it to Vroom , Carvana, or any of the other 1,000 we buy your car places .
    I sold a leased Grand Cherokee to Vroom and did well .

Don’t put your phone number in the add or you Will get scams .

Just sold a Ducati and a Corvette on Cl as I don’t book face . Had a co worker list it on FB. and it seems most of the low balling tire kickers have moved there

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

FB marketplace. Haven’t bought or sold anything in while from Craigslist.

Dragginass likes this.
  11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Some of us arent yet grandparents so dont have FB!!

Or,

Ok boomer!!

12. Dragginass

I'm in my 30's and I know what works?

13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

30omer?

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

exactly how many vehicles are you buying or selling thru FB?

15. Dragginass

Enough to know to stay off craigslist.

BHP41 likes this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

so not much then

17. Dragginass

Gheesh. If you don't like my advice ( which was the same as other posters) , ignore it. I buy and sell on FB marketplace weekly. But you do you.

18. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I don't have FB, Offer Up is planet lowballer, and CL is completely USELESS. Might as well burn a $5 bill while shouting the details into the wind. Any other options? Is Cycle Trader worth a sheet?

I'm clearing out the garage of 5 bikes for what I think are fair prices and am having a heck of a time. What happened to the supposed sellers market anyway??

19. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

If they are priced right on CL they will sell . CT is hit or miss like anything else . I sold a Guzzi on CT to a guy in New Zealand

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Are they collectable at all? If so, bring a trailer or iconic motorbike auction.