1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's have a serious discussion here...

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Apr 26, 2022.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

All the big full framed full bodied muscle cars are like that imo. Even when you did get them under a 12 sec 1/4 mile, they were still big and boaty and wouldn’t turn or stop no matter what. Some things are best left in the fantasy realm of the kind.

2. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Imma just leave this here...

[​IMG]

...I wanted to be a ChiP as a kid.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Isn’t this thread basically about being in fantasy realm to begin with?

Gino230 and 27 like this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Are we looking for something to drive and enjoy and show off or just cool factor?
    Or are we buying as an Investment.

Because the Delorean would probably fetch the most at auction but they are slow, turds to drive....

If I want the most people to come see it would be the Ambulance from Ghost Busters. Those bring huge money too.

5. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

I know it’s not in the OP’s list, but I want Stunt Man Mike’s Nova from Death Proof.

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Not on the list and since we are dreaming SpeedRacers Mach 5. Lol

969, CBRRRRR999 and britx303 like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

:stupid:

And hoping there's a second key in the car........

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

A Team no question. Hop in fuckers, we got trouble to make.

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

THE SILVER DREAM RACER!!!!!!/thread:D

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

My ongoing benchmark for performance is the current year Honda Odyssey. I know ...

I'd never own one and I'd point and laugh at anyone who thought it was a performance vehicle because, you know, Honda Odyssey.

But I'm pretty sure a Honda Odyssey is faster and would turn a faster lap than everything in the OP. Maybe the Testarossa has a chance against it. But only maybe. Perspective.

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Outside of Magnum's, that's the first Ferrari that ever got my attention. How pedestrian its specs are today, 0-60/5secs and 150mph top end, IIRC.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

There is a video on YouTube where they drag race a Magnum PI Ferrari and a DeLorean against a V6 Camry and the Toyota destroys them both lol

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  13. tempestm

tempestm Well-Known Member

Okay "Ponch" :)

Was it the chance to play with the lights, sirens and gizmos? Helmet and sunglasses could be acquired at the local toy shop. :)

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

288 GTO? It's more like 185 mph.

15. fastfreddie

I probably stopped being interested as soon as I determined there was no way I could or would ever own one so, it's probably my recall. :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're right about the 0-60.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I tend towards plain but the fruit stuff can be good if it's a real good compote made in house versus canned pie filling or the like.

18. fastfreddie

I wonder if the 150 figure was speed limited for the US. ?

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

With that small production volume, I'm even surprised that the bothered homologating the car for the US.

20. fastfreddie

And I'm always missing the opportunity to acquire automotive gems.
    I had the chance to purchase a street-ready Lamborghini Miura in 1980 for $25K from a dealership in Germany, which I could have afforded. Fifteen years later, they were selling for $1M. :(