1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yosh getting into Twins Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Should be interesting. Ari is fast.

Nathey and ducnut like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All this Yoshimura USA and Yamaha shit is NOT Steeltoe Approved. Not at all.

joec, YamRZ350, GM GIXXER and 5 others like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Suzuki who?:D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cant blame them for wanting to go fast and win. for once. :Poke::D

cav115 and StaccatoFan like this.
  6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Yosh finally took this advice.

upload_2022-4-27_21-32-49.png

cav115 likes this.
  7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So they slap a pipe on a Yamaha and all of a sudden "yosh is back racing" bitch please

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They support and build honders in dirty bikes, Yamahas in twins and Suzukis in RR in Japan and in endurance on the world stage.
    Got to build for your target markets.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I always thought of the twins cup as a developmental series for up-and-comers. Ari's got to be well into his 30's, no? I guess it's OK to fill out the grid with slower old guys who just want to do an AMA bucket list thing.....

11. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

^
    Currently it's much better racing than you see in SS, SBK, Stk1000. I'm talking in terms of passing, not knowing who is going to win, last lap excitement!

I'm very glad to see the R7 in the class. Hopefully it brings in a AFFORDABLE alternative to the high dollar built SV's. (Which appear not very competitive lately)

Last year the Apes had reliability issues, haven't heard if that has been sorted yet.

Oh, I thought it was loaded with older guys whom were high level club racers? Has been a few youngins lately.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's been said many times that to build a engine for the Yamaha to compete with the aprilia it's $8-10k both seem to be amazing bikes but I wouldn't hold out hope for affordable if you think sv650s are crazy expensive

grasshopper and evakat like this.
  13. FastByKids

Before the Ape came along it was said that the Twins was a "Money Class" because of the shear dollars it took to win with engine work.

Was not aware of the spend to get a R7 competitive.

But appears "Money Class" still applies!

14. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I thought Superstock classes in club racing was the "high chair" for a national without all the travel?

And thus we come to the same conclusion again... Racing is expensive!!! :)

FastByKids likes this.
  16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

"Affordable" and "twins cup" That's funny..

It costs 30 grand to turn a stock 67hp R7 into a front running twins cup bike. The bike needs everything that an MT-07 needs to be competitive (hp, triples, rear link, etc) except forks.
    The SV is long in the tooth but still capable. It's not at the pointy end because none of the front runners are on SVs and nobody is pushing development on it anymore. Maybe the long awaited SV replacement will arrive in time for 2023...
    The 2021 Apes had a recall on some of their bikes because a vendor supplied rods that weren't made to spec. The issue was identified and has been resolved.
    I haven't seen a RS660 engine problem yet in 2022. Currently, the RS660 is the only twins cup bike that has balancing restrictions (must use stock rods and pistons).
    It's good to see Yosh involved. Hopefully they stick around and do more rounds after Laguna.
    There could be more manufacture involvement in twins cup in 2023. There is a rumor that a KTM may be coming out with a new bike, and I wouldn't be surprised to see CFMoto involved.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Like Yoshimura will go racing on a bike with a pipe on it. Bitch please. :D

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

A bit more than that. They built their own link and engines. The bike was built in house and they have been testing. Maybe just a project for now, but it's a start.

19. FastByKids

Awesome info, thanks!
    I'm not willing to do engine work. Therefore I'm already priced out of MotoA. :crackup:

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

So just buy an Aprilia. Reduces your buy in to $25K. No engine work, but you'll need the usual pipe, ECU, bodywork, lever guards, rear sets, etc., etc....

5axis likes this.