1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's have a serious discussion here...

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

After driving one, no you wouldnt. Theres a reason BTTF used 88mph as the time travel speed. Its the top speed of the car.:D Seriously it IS a pooch. 140 MASSIVE hp. Doesnt handle well either. My Odyssey corners better.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's if it doesn't over heat before you get to 88 mph. All flash...no dash.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm well aware of the Delorean performance shortcomings. It ain't about that.

And I'm sure one drive in one would cure me of the nostalgic love for that car :D

4. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

You don't like candy bars do you....

or can you only eat a chocolate bar?

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Must not race vintage…..:moon::D

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Now I need to find that video explaining why american chocolate is so bad......

Something about using an ingredient found in vomit.

Not that I would want thread jack or anything....

Edit: Found it!

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Fuck you guys for derailing yet another thread.

Dan Dubeau and britx303 like this.
  8. Venom51

You know how they produce that ingredient. They extract it from the vomit of everyone that eats pineapple on pizza by accident.

HPPT and tzrider like this.
  9. britx303

I get acid reflux just thinking of pineapple on pizza

10. britx303

Rolaids or Tums?:D

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Add the Phantasm 'Cuda and we might talk.

12. Venom51

Only people who would drive a Delorean eat pineapple on pizza.

13. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Can I be the Charger expert here?

As much as I love me some Chargers the General Lee paint scheme is lame as fuck. Building one of my dads last Chargers right now, just ordering and collecting parts.

The Magnum PI Ferrari gets my second vote.

Maybe I'd cruise in the A-team van but the rest of those could eat a fart

14. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

General Lee

Rebel Yell!!

15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Friends dads didnt over heat. What got it parked for a couple years was the power steering pump bracket broke.

We took his Delorean and 63 T-bird sport coupe to a detailer friend of his back then. His oldest son wanted to drive the t-bird (with the top down of course), left me to drive the Delorean. His youngest son (who he wouldnt even let sit in the Delorean much less drive it since he was insanely irresponsible then) drove his Wagoneer. Yeah he was pissed about it. Fucking t-bird walked away from the Delorean quite easily.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Turbocharged V8.
    I like Crunch too. There's stuff in it.

metricdevilmoto and fastfreddie like this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m sure the wagoneer probably walked them both... the AMC 360 was a decent V8

I haven’t read about it in years but John Delorean is The Godfather of the GTO and the Firebird and a huge proponent of the individual power units of the many Marques of GM. The Banshee prototypes, corvette killers, were his as many cool small high reving all aluminum V8s that never made production.

The Fiero was designed for a tiny high reving V8 and nuetured at the last minute, which is why the chassis is so strong and set the bar in space frame unibody construction.

Curious as to the plans for the Delorean to the actual produced piece and what his set up was all about. Nobody makes it like he did to be stupid about any dealings like that. It’s probably well written about if I search.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was going to say the only time a delorean does 88 is when it’s on the flat bed after breaking down and the toe truck driver is methed up and running from the cops but, hey, why ruin people’s dreams so I didn’t post it.

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

For sure, no idea why he’d put his name on that car considering all he did at Pontiac in the early mid 60s. The Bansee and other prototypes he did were really cutting edge stuff and one approval away from changing the face/direction of US sports/performance car leadership.

Ehh... just Wikid it... not much interests me enough to look further.... my love for powerful Pontiac V8s seems to have jaded my perception by association oh well... the euro mess that all played in the Delorean build is as to be expected... Pugeout/Renault/Lotus and the others built to their reputations and failed to them too.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  20. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I drove an actual General Lee when I was in high school. Was not impressed. Did not try to jump though.

Steeltoe likes this.