1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fucking LED headlights especially Jeep

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Apr 23, 2022.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

What the fuck is with these ultra brite lousy beam directed OEM headlights on Jeeps they are the worst mother fucking headlights to stare into driving down roads, & they're not the only one there's a lot of other vehicles that have the same thing.
    They're just too fucking bright!! too damn dangerous to oncoming traffic I know there's legislation in place to try and stop this but I think it's too late.
    seriously it's like Jeep went to China for the worst cheapest fucking crap they can make when Lexus got out the ls the first HID headlights we were getting pulled over left and right back in the 90s and these LEDs are twice as bright as the HIDs.
    man am I alone on an island here or what?

henry_carlson and SpeedyTide like this.
  2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

No, you’re not. Try working in Midland where everybody has at minimum a leveled truck. The people with really big wieners lift their trucks to the moon then convert the headlights and fog lamps to LED, add a 52” light bar, and hang so many of the squares off anywhere they can they look like an intermediate track day winner got a sponsorship from GoPro.

Edit: I forgot about the wheel well lights, lights behind the wheel, and the Fast and Furious underglow seems to be getting popular as well. It won’t be long until these fucktards need a beefed up alternator.

tony 340, SpeedyTide and Phl218 like this.
  3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Fucking 4 runners. Apparently they are adjusted very high from the factory. This is why I support vehicle inspections yearly. Driving a motorcycle and seeing bumpers taped on with duct tape and shit. Germany has it right in my opinion with this.

OldGuyOnBlu, MyWayGuy and OldSchlPunk like this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I get flashed often enough in my JK, but I make the rationalization that if the dipstick flashing me was smart enough to realize that meeting me as I come up the same hill that they are cresting to go down, my lights are gonna be in their face no matter how bright, dim or correctly they're aimed. If those drivers are dicks about, I flash 'em back and, I'm sure, momentarily burn their retinas.
    All I need now is a Ted Nugent level of rear lighting array and I could blind tailgaters, but that would be inhuman of me. I'm not interested in creating dangerous situations for others but, damn, there's whole levels of gene pools that need to be properly educated so they don't become the catalysts for others' demise.

FWIW, not all of us who needed to upgrade shitty OEM lighting neglect to properly aim them or buy crap that has no upper horizontal cut-off.
    Blame the cheap aftermarket and the young OEM design teams for the current offerings of ridiculousness. There oughta be a law...and there is, at least in PA, but it seems there's no enforcement.

Plus ten thousand for doing it the German way.

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Try working on them….:Puke::Puke:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

my favorite is the center dividers on 4 lane highways that dont block on coming traffic head lights on poorly lit mountain passes.

7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

GM is having to recall a ton of vehicles, GMC Terrains, over headlights not meeting NHTSA standards. Maybe Jeeps turn is coming.

8. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

I was just thinking it was me getting older, I always loved driving at night-not anymore. Toyota Corollas have been annoying me for a couple years now. I'm glad I'm not alone....

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

upload_2022-4-23_9-5-45.gif

CBRRRRR999 and 5axis like this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:

SpeedyTide likes this.
  11. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I've been noticing this for YEARS!! Lights are just too dayum bright, or their cut-off's are just crap, but it's ridiculous, and has been for years now.

You can barely see the road in front of you, let alone down the road where one NEEDS to see for possible objects in the road to avoid. Not the end in a vehicle, but riding a motorcycle....you have to be able to SEE the road ahead. I purposely ride with my high beam on, so that when oncoming traffic (ones with the TOO BRIGHT lights) I can see down road for possible objects on/near the road. Now I have a simple Halogen bulb on my bike, so it's not exactly blinding oncoming traffic, and I know this 'cause I rarely get "flashed". Even if they do.....Sorry....I need to see. And, for the record I'm generally riding well under the speed limit since I'm out for a nice leisure ride....not in a hurry.

It's been bad....and something, somehow needs to be addressed. Dayum....even on interstates with wide azz median, you can't see in front of you that well.

And, it's not just aftermarket lighting, but factory OEM lighting as well!

And, +1 on the F'N tailgaters with their lights!! Pissed off just writing this up. :mad:

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Jeep gets a pass for all of the years where the headlights were only a lumen or 2 brighter than a candle.

13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Besides not being aimed correctly, I think a lot of the problem is that the light intensity is too much. The total light output is probably legal, but when it comes from a beam that originates as 1 square inch, the intensity just blinds you. If that same light output came from something that was 4" x 6", the intensity would be much lower.

I too, wish I had an adjustable mirror to aim back at the fucks driving behind me with their brights on. My driver side outside rear view mirror doesn't have the adjustment to aim it back at the drivers face. And if it had a little parabolic curve to it, all the better...just need to get the focal length right. lol

14. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

The problem isn't the vehicle or even the type of light source, it's the height where it originates, and how it's aimed. If headlights were low to the ground and aimed straight out there wouldn't be an issue no matter how bright the bulbs are (except when cresting hills as mentioned earlier). But when some idiot with a small dick big truck puts hid's inside of reflector housing that have no cut off, and don't even try to aim them you end up blind.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its the LEDs. They burn a hole in your retina. Even low powered stuff in my house... I can't look directly at it.

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You can also blame our wonderful .gov for its ridiculously outdated laws regarding headlights.

Go look up Audi matrix LED technology to see what they're getting in Europe. Individually dim output directed at on coming traffic while maintaining full lighting on the road. Cool stuff...

I'll drop a vid in the youtube thread.

Steeltoe and SpeedyTide like this.
  17. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

Lots of Mall Crawler Jeeps around here with LED lights with the Halo that changes colors and every accessory listed on Amazon like the underglow, rock lights, wheel lights etc.

I have LED flood and spot lights on my JK but they stay covered just like the winch unless I'm going off road.

18. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I have LEDs in my Heep and no one flashes me

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Same. Factory LEDs on my Gladiator and haven't been flashed (by headlights :p), ever.

20. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I put LEDs in my ram and I leveled the front. I also worked them at a wall on flat ground and adjusted them. I never have gotten flashed.