Are you afraid of dying?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, Apr 12, 2022.

?

Are you afraid of dying?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    64.8%
  3. Somewhere in between

30 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Just curious on this one. Id imagine the results here would be a bit abnormal compared to normal people.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Interesting question and it depends. I've done stupid, risky shit all my life and it seldom bothers me, but dying of a disease does scare me.

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Nope.

Even just barely hitting mid-life, I feel like I've had a good run. Everything going forward is just absolute gravy.

I certainly don't welcome it, but if my ticket got punched either suddenly or otherwise I'd be happy with what I offered on this Earth.......

4. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Afraid is an interesting word. Never been 'afraid', but also never gave it too much thought. Now that I have little kids though, I have way more foresight knowing I want to be here as long as I can for them and hopefully their children. But I can say I'm worried/afraid that the cancer will get me or something that is a bit unpreventable at an early age. Here's hoping that's not the case.

BigBird likes this.
  5. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

No, not afraid of dying. But I am pretty afraid of ending my life in the grasp of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or some other debilitating disease.

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im afraid of leaving my 10 yr old son without a father. Im afraid of a long exruciating painful death, for sure. But death itself, no longer being of this world, Im at peace with that

BigBird, hotnail, Spooner and 6 others like this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I just don’t want to go before taking a bunch of motherf*cker’s down before I go.:D

BigBird, CBRRRRR999, ToofPic and 5 others like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There's not much point in fearing things you cannot change. I actually am more fearful of the ability of the medical community to keep me alive with zero quality of life.

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Fuck this place and fuck this shit.

:)

BigBird, CBRRRRR999, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  10. britx303

Agreed. The thought of leaving my girls is the only part that bothers me. Aside from leaving them……….send in the Valkyrie

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

This is my parents biggest fear. Watching my grandmother hold on for far too long at the mercy of awful dementia has drastically changed my Mother's outlook on what it means to actually be "alive."

BigBird and R Acree like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My wife and I did hospice care for my Mom, her stepfather, and are in the middle of her Mom's last days (or maybe day). All had DNR documents and still they lingered far longer than expected. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

13. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I've spent my life putting myself in stupid situations chasing something, There is a truth to the saying "you never feel more alive when your almost dead" Like saving a big highside or swimming at night with crocodiles. But no one actually wants to die unless you are suicidedle

BigBird and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  14. britx303

Sorry y’all are going through this.:(

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thanks...My parents raised all of us to take care of family. It's simply what you do. I must say I'm tired of being a responsible adult.

BigBird, RRP and malamute like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dying: depends how.
    Being dead: not one bit. Kind of looking forward to it.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Some of us are already dead.

BigBird and 969 like this.
  18. Afraid. No. Concerned about leaving my wife and kids. Yes. Financially they will be well taken care of and f&ck may be better off :) but it’s really the only issue I have with dying. Lost my grandpa Mar 4, he was in great health at 91 and him and my grandma still live on their own, he still was in the workshop on the farm every day etc. To frame this he is my best friend, life coach, mentor, advisor, shrink, professor, etc. If I’m having a shit day I call them and I don’t have to say a word about it nor do they bring it up, they just know what to say and how to say it. He just completed replica stage coach number 7 three days before his heart sprung a small leak and body shut down. I was able to get on a plane in time to spend the last couple days with him. I was just so damn proud to have him in my life and thankful for all the effort he put into making me who I am today. He taught me how to think, work to get what you need and be honest about it in the process. Help people out but don’t let yourself get taken advantage of. Your friend or family needs some high urgent, you do what you have to do another time and you go help.
    My grandma who is the typical farm grandma making cakes, quilts, etc and always the one to keep shit together. The pain in her face is something I will never ever forget, they were married 69 years. She doesn’t know anything else.
    That pain for my wife and kids is what I am afraid of. That look on her face is what made me stop up on a dirt bike ride in the NE GA mountains looking off the side of one and have my own little grieving. That pain is making my stomach turn as I type this because I can put a temp bandaid on it but I can’t take it away.
    Sorry long winded but good timing for this thread. End of the day live of good and honest life and you shouldn’t be afraid to die, make sure the ones are around you WILL miss you and hopefully they can frame your death around the good times you had.

hotnail, MUFC1878, Senna and 4 others like this.
  19. I’m not looking forward to you dead, I’m not making fun of a dead Frenchman.

ToofPic and R Acree like this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm straight up terrified of dying. Not the actual act itself, as long as it isnt protracted. Just the loss of experiencing how beautiful life is. I never want that to end.