1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody watch the Oscars?

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, Mar 28, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

There probably isn’t any but I wonder if there is a higher correlation between being rich and famous and becoming bat shit Vs. “regular” peeps. Good Lord Hollyweird is real.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or he understands that it's only going to double the humiliation. Dude-on-dude open-handed slap… Best to try to move on. Filing assault charges is like protesting the dude who beat you by 10 seconds in a superstock race for having a double bubble windshield. Just embarrassing.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Kinda off topic here, but I just wanted to give a shout out to CODA. Not a brilliant film, but a very good film, especially for being low budget. Emilia's rendition of Both Sides Now is stunning. I know it's sacrilegious, but IMHO, better than Joni Mitchell's original. I'm sure Papa will jump my $hit any moment now.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No correlation in numbers, just exposure. Every Karen story or crazy neighbor story or hell any weirdo story is just a hit movie away from being Hollyweird.

BigBird likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you heard of Florida? :D

BigBird likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I saw your girl Billie Eilish's moment on TV this morning. Genuine giddiness and communicative joy. That's what those shows should be all about. :)

motion and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'm watching Power of The Dog right now. What in the fuck is this about?
    40 minutes in and I've no clue why I'm watching it.

BigBird likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Very good point. I forgot about the Florida thread. :crackup:The thing of it is, I enjoy Florida. LOL.

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

plus he's got so much sweet "Special" ammo now. or at least a good intro.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Quit. You can save yourself an hour and do something else. Seriously.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

A well-deserved award for the best Bond song of all time!

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

My wife and I watched CODA Friday night. I didn't really want to watch it. but thought it was the best movie I've seen in a few years. My wife just told me it won Best Picture at the Oscars yesterday.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah but did you cry?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The cowboys end up eating pudding.

JJJerry and L8RSK8R like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you see Belfast?

16. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Slainte!

Ya recommended Belfast, ain't seen it yet.

Weird wee story.
    I just started chatting to an ex girlfriend.
    Ain't talked in 18 years.
    Turns out her Dad Frank lived a few streets over from my Mum, off the Falls Road, Belfast.
    Both born in 1941 and probably knew of each other as kids.
    Frank's dead now and my Mum's dealing with serious Alzheimer's, so we'll never know if they ran around as kids :/

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes, did you?
    Yes, it was quite awhile ago, but I liked CODA better.

motion likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I tried to watch Belfast for about a half hour and gave up. And I love me some IRA movies.

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

What does he have to be humiliated about, that some dirtball sucker "slapped" him for doing what he was paid to do? If that is a cultural humiliation and not assault there is another fundamental problem here but as this is sure to turn political, I'm out.

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You people are broken.