1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Did I miss any good stock advice?? @BigBird did you buy your own island yet?

BigBird likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

He can't do that. It mlm might capsize with all the weight of that investment money on it.

:D

motion likes this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’m converting all investments to btc and gold bars. get ready for the dollar to tank.

sanee likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

was waiting for you to be back!

We'll need to setup HQ. Not sure which island to choose, so we'll have to have a Board Meeting. We have lots of new resumes to look over too.

motion likes this.
  7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

anyyyyy day now. wait...

upload_2022-3-28_12-28-7.png

upload_2022-3-28_12-28-53.png

:stupid::beer::D

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

It’s funny how you don’t see anything in the news about it…

gotta have time for the major players to divest have so the public is who gets fucked I guess

9. Sweatypants

que?

you don't see anything about it cause its not real. those graphs show the dollar doing great haha. dollar doing about as good as it ever has besides like the 2015-17 time period which was amazing when i was in Canada and buying fancy GP bike parts from Europe. let Saudi keep talking that yang about trading NOT in dollars on global oil commodities market. they can't even win against Houthis from a 3rd world country, wait until we change our tune and start bringing them some freedom. we'll be fine. stop reading conspiracy websites all the time brosef.

BigBird likes this.
  10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

compared to other countries maybe, but it is still losing value. Especially for those of us who need it for everyday purchases. Id rather sell an appreciating liquid asset for goods and services than hold a depreciating iou (the dollar)

I’m not reading conspiracy shit. I’m surmising from various information sources. The fomo is real and I’d rather be safe than sorry. We’re heading toward a cliff. how big that cliff is and if has spikes at the bottom are the questions. I think inflation is going to get much much worse. I’m preparing for that.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  11. Sweatypants

when you can go into a store with a pocket scale and a bowie knife and whittle off a sliver of gold from one of your nuggets to pay for your groceries, lemme know. otherwise in general, sure, it doesn't generally pay to just hold currency of any denomination outside of your personal value on liquidity (and also not paying all the stupid crypto fees to go in and out of all the time as you want to buy things).

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

even if the government suspends monetary trading for gold/silver to prevent collapse of the dollar I can just hop on over to Mexico and do it. My mother is a citizen and it won’t be hard. Also, btc is an increasingly accepted form of regular transaction. Just ask your local stripper if she takes Bitcoin :D

13. Sweatypants

its expensive as shit to transact in, it costs you literally nothing to hand somebody cash. and it costs a store like 3% to take your CC. BTC is not owned or understood by the majority of this nation, WHICH... maybe they die in the next 15 years and eventually we'll get on to something else, but in the meantime...

BigBird likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You are always straight up on this money stuff. Enjoy reading your lucid posts.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Well seeing as how I’m thinking long term….

I’ll continue to live on dollars, but my savings is going into commodities and crypto. I even dumped my 401k last week

Sweatypants likes this.
  16. Sweatypants

you roll that thing into a crypto fund? or you took a 10% hit on liquidating that shit? i heard those started to be "around" but have not explored.

i know a little about a little my fellow, but not enough to make me rich unfortunately. macro/global trade is my game, but i'm trying to learn portfolio management stuffs and futures enough to not have to do my dumb job any more. not going anywhere so far. my other buddy at work has been making like $1500 a day while getting his subsidized healthcare and $190k salary here, but then he went to school for trading/portfolio shit and i took 1 class as an elective on the subject.

motion likes this.
  17. rymerc

rymerc Well-Known Member

AMC and GME are making big moves again. Sell while the selling's good

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My GME is the only thing not stinking my portfolio up! I'm holding!

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I translated that into bird chirps language

BigBird likes this.
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

essplain please...

Sweatypants likes this.