1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contingency payouts

Discussion in 'General' started by evakat, Mar 23, 2022.

1. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Just for discussion purposes...
    I see on the CCS Facebook page there is some drama about ccs dropping the ball on sending in paperwork for racers to get their contingency payments... from 2021!
    What saith the board...

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Receipt of contingency payouts is contingent upon the payer receiving the proper paperwork.

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Faxed responses only please

ungwaha, Bruce, Trainwreck and 4 others like this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It sucks worse than Tom.

Shenanigans and Sabre699 like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think some of the issues are from 2020 also, but it's definitely interesting to watch it unfold before it gets deleted over and over again

Bruce and evakat like this.
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

How much contingency are you owed?

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

All of it. :D

notbostrom and cav115 like this.
  8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I don't have a dog in the fight... either here or at ccs.
    Just thinking out loud this is a good time to recruit some racers into the WERA family if they aren't getting the correct customer satisfaction at the other org.

cav115 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Wera should come to the midwest.......

I gave up on contingency from last year (didnt have much anyway) but aparently some people have ~$1800 to be payed.

10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

There's several racers owed some decent coin from what I was reading. Some haven't paid a dime to anyone!! I don't have to worry about it, but it was nice waay back when to get that contingency money.
    Made me think about quitting my job :crackup:

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I know Gus rodios dad has a lot owed to him but it's not looking good to see any of it

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Here is a funny decades old contingency story...

Back in the heyday of contingency when you could make a living, chasing and earning it. We directly dealt with brands we represented and sent our results to them directly to “help” the race orgs. The manufacturers appreciated it as it helped them know people were waiting even if there were only a handful of us doing it.

We were owed a pretty decent size check from Yamaha, around $20k iirc. I was on the road in FL for a race and got a call from Cyprus at Yamaha HQ who was spectacular all those years. She asked if I was at the office to which I told her no, I’m in FL and she said she was afraid of that. She said they have an issue with my fax machine as it keeps sending the results in over and over and thought it was an automated issue. She asked if I could get anyone there to shut it off and stop the faxes... I told her I’d get it sorted ASAP.

Back at the office we had a new office chick... she seemed ok but had just been hired and the last thing I told her to do was to Fax the Yamaha results to them. So I called her cell, as nobody was in the office I thought... she informed me that she’d been trying to send the fax over and over and it wasn’t working... I told her they had it and she could stop and asked why she didn’t think it worked...

She said she dialed the number and pushed the green send button but every time it took the paper it just spit it out on the bottom... she faxed it 186 times...

When I asked how she thought a fax machine worked she said she didn’t know and thought it rolled up real small and went through the phone lines... I swear to god a grown woman in college...

Yamaha was happy it stopped, we got paid, and that’s the first time I’ve told that to anyone outside af a few close friends.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Where's Henry?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Blonde?

Shenanigans and Sabre699 like this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I almost designated that but know you have your blondes and didn’t want to offend ;)

Shenanigans likes this.
  16. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

see WERA North Central. (assuming you're currently running CCS Midwest)

It's better than the Black Hawk Farms World Championships, trust me. If we can continue to grow the North Central WERA grids, it will be an even better time.

R/T Performance and rafa like this.
  17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Does anyone do resumes anymore? I got more free shit from doing that than anything else. It's amazing what a little profile, and some mail can do for you.
    No tire help,of course,but Motul,Ferodo, and alot of others sent a seasons worth of freebies.

R/T Performance likes this.
  18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Do you prefer Grattan during Springwinter or Autumnwinter:D

I wish people would grid up at more places than Blackhawk (on this side of lake Michigan at least), but all I ever hear is that when css or WERA tried, no one shows.

Shenanigans likes this.
  19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Henry retired.

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Knew that Johnny...but he comments on here.