1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021-2022 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 17, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

pretty much, think that was pretty much the case before if the leader was the last lap leader when all participants crossed the finish line.

this says once the leader crosses the line, then everything from the previous lap counts as the final, and the red flag is basically the cool down lap.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I've always thought that the bloke who causes a red flag being classed as a finisher is pretty silly.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Moto2 Testing Over

[​IMG]

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Also thought them being allowed to get back on the grid in a restart procedure seemed kinda bass ackwards. If you're the cause of the red flag and delay, you don't finish if the race is over and if there's a restart you're SOL.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would bet that this is addressed in another paragraph not posted in the article.

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You have a lot of faith in the powers that be :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They should have just used my rules. :D Would cover all contingencies except of course any pass on the red flag lap but you can't write all luck out of the rules.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good point. :D

But seriously, look at the 2017 rulebook, for instance. After the stuff addressed in the article, you can read the following:

"At the time the red flag is displayed, riders who are not actively competing in the race will not declassified."
    2017.jpg

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which is funny since they're talking about that happening in that link unless I read it wrong.

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I still cant get over the fact that Joe has a shit year and still finished better than Cam last year

11. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

If you look at rookie seasons though:

Roberts - 4 points
    Beaubier - 50 points

Tells a different story.

Plus last year was 59 vs 50 points or 13th and 15th in the 'ship - pretty dang even overall.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots more time in series.

Senna likes this.
  13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Just interesting the narrative surrounding their seasons trended in favor of Cam and at the end of the day they scored zero points in the same amount of rounds (11) and Joe actually finished ahead of Cam.

14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

With a year under his belt in the series, I'd bet that Beaubier capitalizes on more of his opportunities this year vs crashing out last year. There were times he was in the top ten (including 6th IIRC), and some he was in his way into the top ten, but crashed out. I know what they say about "if", but his point total could have been much higher.

Edit: I think the same applies to Robert's. 2nd year on the team, likely much more comfortable which should translate to better finishes. I'm pulling for him too. Cant wait to root for all 4 Americans on the world stage.

henry_carlson likes this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Recency bias.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Joe had high expectations last year and was supposed to be a championship contender

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I was always wondering how that came to be. I mean just because he had the championship bike/team still doesn’t equate to being a contender. He had a few good results and some pretty bad ones.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He finished 2020 running well and in contention a few times, so when he stepped up teams he was fast in testing and for the first few rounds he was top 5/10 I believe in practice and qualifying and then it would fall apart during the races, if I remember correctly anyway

badmoon692008 and henry_carlson like this.
  19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Cam seemed to shine in races where Joe didn’t, IIRC. He also got the holeshot in Austin in front of a home crowd. That counts for a lot.

The MotoGP documentary did seem to show Beaubier in a more positive light, though, given the results were about the same.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah