1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire warmers question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by bsanorton, Feb 13, 2022.

1. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on a good maker for tire warmers and where for best price? I hate to ask, but where do you plug them in to? Does the track provide the outlet, or do you need to bring a small generator?

2. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

There are lots of good brands of tire warmers. Expect to pay a few hundred bucks.

Electricity depends on the track. You will have to pay a fee, and there are often limited outlets so there are not enough to go around for everyone. If you are going to run warmers, you should go ahead and invest in a small quiet inverter generator (2000W or so) so that you don't find yourself up a creek if you arrive at a new track and find that there is no electric available.

3. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Capit, Woodcraft and ChickenHawk are well known quality tire warmers. Most tracks have power but it can be limited so it's best to always be prepared with a generator.

4. bsanorton

Thank you both

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

What part of the world are you in? I have a very very lightly used WEN 2000 inverter generator and likewise, a very very lightly used set of Moto-D dual temp warmers....I really only had them for a backup.

I don't really have a need for them anymore so i could sell them if you were interested. I'm in SW Ohio.

6. bsanorton

Northeast Florida