The USPS/ups/FedEx rage thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 27, 2020.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

ive actually stopped ordering from places that send stuff usps. or i use a different address if i have no choice. theres a vendor i have in phili. its a 5hr round trip, but its easier to just drive up there and get the crap i need. though i think theyre using ups now. and my ups guy kills it.

jrsamples likes this.
  2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Because their price goes down if they can push more volume into the bulk contract.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

yep.

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Second time I've had a package addressed to Duxbury High School dropped on my doorstep from FedEx. Instead if dealing with the clowns at the storefront down the street, I went to the school and found the right door to go to. Guy gave me a litany of their FedEx nightmares, like five laptop computers left out in the rain, etc.
    USPS bounced two packages back to me. My friend gave her street number as 204 instead of 203 and the carrier couldn't figure that out. Hampton, NH ain't that big. She sent me something and for whatever reason that package bounced, too.

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

An EX- dentist called me last week...the same one that gave me the coof & an infected root canal...Grrrrrr.

Said she had a package for me...I said that I already took her package right up da butt! She said no, is fed ex. Skeptical, I went by. Sure as shit it's a box with my name and town on it, but no addy at all. It was a prism scope I'd ordered from Primary Arms. I guess I could have gotten another free one, but I'm no thief.

So there's your one happy ending in the thread.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

My new place is very much in the "city" of Newark, but is tucked away at the end of a dead end street and has a long driveway up to the house. There's 3 entry doors, and 2 of them have nice covered porches...so naturally 90% of deliveries were left on the uncovered doorstep in the rain/snow. Got this sign https://www.ebay.com/itm/372153785988 and put it up. Fedex and Amazon now deliver to the right door, but USPS mostly ignores it and chucks packages in the snow, often next to the mailbox on the street a couple hundred feet from the house. Last snowstorm stopped USPS altogether- no mail for several days (city is partly to blame as our street is last on the plow list). At least we finally got the trash service to realize where we are... 3 of the first 4 weeks of service they didn't pick our shit up.

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Been waiting for a new Auto Sim Rig. This is 1/2 packages. The 1st one got delivered on Thursday, Held in England for a while, then sent to Memphis, then NJ, then Me.....

Then there's this one....UK to NJ to TN to NJ To TN to NJ...let's see where this goes again....lots of miles

upload_2022-2-12_14-16-16.png

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Fedex still sucks!! Ups and snail-mail have been better the past few months. Fedex still drives around with my packages in the truck for 4-7 days before delivery, and yep driving right past my house every time. Had to go to the distribution center 25 minutes away a few times now to have them pull it off the truck to give it to me, and supervisors say the same thing every time……”it’s been on the truck…….no idea why the driver isn’t delivering. We’ll look into it” F*ck fedex and Tom hanks!! Wilson’s an alright guy though…….

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’d mentioned to the mgr where I buy fuel, I hardly ever see a FedEx driver who isn’t talking on their phone, because the one blocking two pumps was just sitting there talking on her phone. He said he loses 2-3 nozzles a week, to those idiots driving off with them still stuck in their trucks. I do think they’re the worst in drivers, as they’re just warm bodies, filling a contractor’s seat.

12. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Around here, the Amazon drivers are the absolute worst. Fuck them mother truckers.

ducnut likes this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

There are two Amazon transfer yards, here. At least they use turn signals and halfway abide by laws. FedEx drivers are like squirrels on the roadway. Haha.

14. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

I get that some of my addresses are new commercial properties and sometimes unregistered. But we always provide site contacts, next door addresses and practical information for deliveries.

But Fedex just plain sucks these days.

They threw 2 chemical pumps over a fence, in to deep grass behind the porta-johns at one of my project sites. No notice, no tag on the gate, nothing.
    On this same project they changed the address and somehow delivered an order of tile to my personal residence

On another project they tried to deliver to 17th Ave vs 17th Street which was a residence. Their fault. It was street on all the paperwork. The resident refused my three commercial pumps.
    So they sent him a 10 day letter to accept the material. He still didnt want myh pumps. So my pumps were sent to a scrap yard in Arkansas.
    The resident was nice enough to bring the letter to the job site. But by then it was too late for me to act.

15. ClemsonsR6

Mother fuckers!!!!! I need the fucking creative wordsmith thread:

Ok, stupid fucking Amazon monkeys! So, my driveway is a couple hundred feet long and dead ends at the house. There is a big parking pad to bust a 3pt turn on but these people are to stupid to be able to execute that without hitting my house, a car or the basketball goal.

So....I created a nice, big ass gravel parking spot on the side of the driveway, close to the house. Had a sign made that says, "No delivery vehicles past this point. Parking and Turn Around" with an arrow pointing to the gravel area.

I get home today, been gone since Friday, and one of these fucktard, no driving son of a bitches pulled up in the driveway... stopped and delivered the package, then turned left out into the middle of my front yard to turn around in.

I am fucking livid!!! I could literally drag these fuckers out of their can and beat them! God I wish I had been home to see that happen......good God I would've unleashed holly hell on that piece of shit!

The Todd likes this.
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Don’t know where you live, but, inclement weather can work in your favor. If they’re afraid to come down your driveway, they leave it up by your mailbox and email you a picture lolol…

17. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

I'd just shoot 'em. But seriously, couldn't you call the Law about destruction of private property?

18. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Most of these drivers aren't really this stupid. Most of them.

They're rushed, made to make numerous deliveries in a short amount of time, etc.
    I know, cry me a a river. And NO, I'm not a delivery driver.

But they are pissed off you have a nicer house/home than theirs. IF they read a sign like that, that makes them even more say to themselves, F- that, I'll show them.

They deliver things b/c they can, yep, I delivered it. Like over a fence, etc.

I did notice that many lf my last Amazon deliveries- shows truthful things like 'handed to the home owner on the front porch', etc.
    I recently had a magnetic glass scraper for my Reef Aquarium delivered- and when I looked online, that's what it said, b/c that's what happened, I was already on my porch/yard for something.

I guess I'm lucky that I've usually had good luck here.

And, my wife actually works for USPS! She doesn't drive for them though, she's mainly at the counter to help people, etc.
    People bitch to her all the time about 'where's my package' she says.
    She always talks about the LAZY Union F--ks she has to work with too LOL

BigBird likes this.
  19. ClemsonsR6

If I had video proof, absolutely. Unfortunately, nothing to prove it....for now.

The Todd likes this.
  20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Middle kid asked me why Pepsi was coming out of my nose from laughing.