1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal phone use while on the clock.

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

I'll let you know...

TurboBlew and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  2. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

For starters I’m 32, I basically run the shop for a small trucking company (42 trucks 120 trailers) and am expected to turn work and manage work. I’ve had guys in the shop that use the phone too much and I let them know, sometimes they listen sometimes they don’t. I’ve never considered them stealing from the company however, if they get done what I ask of them in a day then I don’t say much.

I’ve got my days where I just can’t focus, sometimes sitting down for 5min and reading funny shit here gets me back in line. So I give my guys the same slack, not everyone is a hard working robot. Some people have bad ADD or whatever and a few minutes here and there gets them going again.

something else to consider, while I have a more traditional mindset about things, a lot of these younger people aren’t looking for long term careers, they live for today and don’t care about tomorrow. So most of them don’t care if they get fired.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck you and the twatwaffle douche canoe cuntmuffin perverted dick slipfitter your skeezy, bent dick, knock kneed, worthless spunk dumpster degenerate ass spawned from. Asshole. :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lock them both in a fenced off area, throw in a sharpened and pointed off piece of steel and tell them there is only one job now and they can decide who gets it. Eat the liver of the loser raw, in front of the winner.

oh, and if the winner is seen on his phone during work hours, there will be no jobs.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. joec

joec brace yourself

what if hes vegan? asking for a friend.

6. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Really is this a serious question personal phone use while on the job that's what break time's lunch break or for it's not that they're just fucking off it's like smoking cigarettes

7. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

If it doesn’t affect his performance who cares? All the techies at google and Facebook are in their phones all day and they make $250k a year after 5 years experience in average in the Bay Area.

Rebel635 likes this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

C05D0F80-3C65-401B-BB87-1C9E6AF7C3C5.jpeg
    Whore.

:D

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

this is how I am paid. I love it. It can flag as much work in one week as I can flag. So say I get 10 hours to fix a hood… if it takes me 2 I stil get paid 10. So in any give. Week I usually flag between 100-130. Some guys do 150. So techs get that many hours paid to them at an hourly rate which varies between 18-25 an hour (depending on experience and productivity)

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  10. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I'm about production, you get your numbers in and don't endangered or impede me and you can smoke weed, play candycrushtrackerad and post updates on Facecrack or Narcissistigram all day. Then again my work doesn't lend itself to non self starters.

SundaySocial, noles19 and beechkingd like this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

this makes me giggle like a kid...

alright... any random curse words we get by tomorrow and I’ll post a contest thread... It’ll be a cuss word version of the way I was taught to remember the Beatles, not that I cared...

By George said Paul, sitting on the John, where’d my Ringo...

Stupid useless shit that sticks in my brain...

12. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

Capitol H to The E to the double LL no!!!! I'm going through same shit now.... as well....And have already spoke to people... come Monday it'll be what it is .... will say biggest issue I see /face is no one wants to learn a trade anymore...and reflects.
    and well can be honest when I say what? wednesday dude just sitting in back of work van making it out like he was looking for something...was gone for almost 20 min.. saw and asking what ya doing... and caught him on the phone...YOU TUBE... said was looking for specific tool....HMMM. ... when I asked/said it's all by your tool bags... gave me this holy shit look!! idk shit.... if by tomorrow doesn't change not going any further... world is not the same..monday... gonna well have to adjust! phones are good for emergency etc.. immediate source of help/ information....shit my biggest battle is all the kids and I don't mean kids as in children or even want to say that, I call them kids...damn !!! some are 5yrs younger than me... physical labore is now idk guess being on a damn phone... they all say they want a job.... but in their mind their job is monitoring their phone....not alot of focus any more....very sad.

cav115 likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you only get to add one word! Pick one ... then you have to use the given words in a sentence.... like you did about your therapist!

BC likes this.
  14. IMO, it depends on how the person is paid.

Are they paid for their productivity? Are they paid for what they do/build/fix/accomplish etc in a given day?

Or are they paid for their knowledge and experience, and for the most part they are paid to just be there?

In other words, if someone is paid an hourly wage for how much they accomplish in that hour, then they need to keep fucking busy. I better not see a phone.

But of they are paid for what they know, what they can plan, and what they can do if shit hits the fan (rather than actually being productive all the time), then it isn’t a big deal.

At least that is how I see it, especially since 90% of my posts are made at work. :D

beac83, Rebel635, Sudowoodo and 4 others like this.
  15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

yeah I’m on my phone all the time at work but I hit my marks every single week. I’m actually the most productive tech at my facility. The guys doing more than me at other shops work way more hours. I make what I make and never work more than 40. I probably should be throwing in a few extra hours each week and make way more, but since I pay/file taxes as single/no children I barely see the increase in pay because of a higher tax bracket and then get fucked for more when I go to file

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

How much do you like interviewing, hiring and training new employees?

If good employees start flaking 3 months in, in my experience, they usually think too much is asked of them and they self correct for what they think is right.

So, take that for what it is. Know it'll probably keep repeating and ask yourself how much you like finding and training help.

Rebel635 and cav115 like this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think it's one of those things where the guys that do it a lot have no shortage of excuses but, in my opinion...

It doesn't look good and doesn't foster a professional, workman-like atmosphere.
    It's disrespectful to coworkers and customers and your boss.
    There's no way that taking your mind off of work so you can pay attention to something else
    doesn't slow you down when you switch back to working. Few people multitask well.
    You have breaks and lunch, it shouldn't be that difficult to keep the phone in your locker
    the rest of the time.
    The lack of self-control is not on the part of the boss that wants the worker
    he is paying to work to not be on the phone instead, it's the worker who is so self-involved and
    entitled that they can't see that when you're being paid to work, you should be working and not
    on the phone texting your girlfriend.
    It's part of being an adult and acting like one.

Banditracer, cav115 and BC like this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

YMMV. If it were me Id make them forward the "important" call to the office line and make them carry a pager. :)
    There was a fella that kept breaking his company issued phones so he got issued a HD flip phone. So no text or social media silliness.
    But thinking about it there was a time where folks used company phones to skirt paying for long distance.

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’ve always allowed my guys full access to their phones. But we get downtime between customers in a pawn and gun shop so they’ve always been good to leave it alone until they’ve gotten what’s they’re doing done and then grab it for a minute or two which I don’t mind. If their side work slows a bit then I may say something but since they all have a computer in front of them, they don’t usually need to be in their phones much.

20. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

From my experience excessive phone use on the job, indicative of a certain age and total lack work ethic.
    IMG_20220211_041158.jpg
    It boggles my mind how many guys on jobsites
    will sit in shit fumed enclosures to read social media ..
    It's Pathetic