1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

He's awesome.
    Last saw him at Humphreys in San Diego.
    Not their main venue but the adjoining bar/club.
    I was sitting at the bar with my nephew roughly 8 feet away from The Ford.
    Gentle, mellow man but very fn deep.
    He was using his Dumble.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

The new prayers album dropped. It’s fucking HARD. Prayers is a duo from San Diego. The singer is from a prominent sureno street gang in SD. He kind of mixed cholo street culture with punk, new wave, 80’s freestyle, dark wave, and industrial. In both English and Spanish. It’s fucking fire. It’s not for everyone as you kind of have to understand the “shittiness” of 80’s freestyle to get his vocal cues and the simplicity of the music. Especially their earlier stuff

[​IMG]

upload_2022-2-5_11-17-7.jpeg

[​IMG]

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Werd on the streetz iz they are big in Utah.......can you confirm and if not, what do the locals actually say about them?:D

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I wouldn’t know.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jon Snodgrass, Scorpios and trampled by turtles the last few days

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Jack White... I was rolling with a different crowd when he first came out and missed his music completely. I really like a bunch of his stuff now.

I saw GC and the Funkadelic All Stars at a lalapalooza and they kicked ass.... like all 50 of them on stage... so much funk!

cortezmachine likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Rachmaninoff piano concerto #2 this morning with coffee.

cortezmachine likes this.
  8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Right on. When I’m not listening to audio books or history documentaries at work I’m pretty much only listening to classical. Keeps me sharp. I’ve loved it since I was a kid. I’ll usually start my mornings off with coffee and classical then move onto audiobooks

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Kudos. Some folks think culture is that green shit on the food at the back of the fridge.

10. ton

ton Arf!

started the day with some old Pat Metheny (As Falls Wichita...) and have moved on to "Two Minutes to Late Night" covering all kinds of fun stuff

2blueYam likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I have been checking out some stuff by Croatian singer Dino Jelusick or Jelusic. Seen it spelled both ways. He has done some good covers, his own band Animal Drive, TSO and now is the new lead singer for Whitesnake. Also plays a bit of guitar, bass and keyboards. Great covers of Jane and Foreplay/Longtime. Mike Portnoy, a drummer for some of his stuff, is amazing as well.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Woke up this morning with a hankerin’ for some ZZ Top.

Man, the 80’s sucked.

13. britx303

Did anything get better from 1990-2022?? I musta missed it:D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Let’s see. Winger stopped performing. Tool started performing.

I’d say yes. You missed it. :D

(Someone go check on @Metalhead, I don’t know if he knew Kip hung it up)

Metalhead, 27, britx303 and 1 other person like this.
  15. britx303

Ok, Touche :D

pickled egg likes this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Dude... Tool is it, they are the best composers of centuries... their music has grown into the most intricate odd metered perfectly balanced music ever made... I’m a freak about drum sequences I’ve discovered and those three make it perfect... I could do without the lyrics even... and I used to sing...

IMO of course which is all that matters as I pick what I listen to... :crackup:

pickled egg likes this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

@pickled egg if you can get to a show on this tour... I’ve been seeing Tool since their debut on the second stage at Lalapalooza... more times than I remember...

me and my music buddies picked a show and flew in from around the country to see them as it very well may be the last time... I don’t see them cheapening it all with geriatric tours...

They were better than ever and tight as can be, perfect ending to my Tool experience if that’s what it ends up being. Yeah... I really Dig Tool...

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, hard pass for me. Since embracing my inner misanthropy, the last thing in this fucking world you’ll ever see is me at an arena show. If there’s not a door within 50’ for me to exit stage right when I’ve done had enough of tolerating my fellow human, I ain’t there.

Sabre699 and 27 like this.
  19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You nailed Tool's weak point. Love them to pieces, but Maynard's lyrics are completely inadequate for the level of artistry in this band. He's an okay signer, but the lyrics sound like they were writtenn by a teen girl.

27 likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

At least he realized it and has taken nearly a backstage position at the shows... Tool is the only band I listen to that never put out shit music...

it’s always tool and has continuously gotten better, and all of it is good, most great to incredible

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022