1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Then the ATF comes....:blart::D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So...what's next, a bean ban?

3. Ducati89

Well, once you tax and regulate animal flatulence, its only natural that we start getting taxed:eek::D

pickled egg likes this.
  4. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Propane up 300%, which will drive food costs (major use of propane is grain drying), and Ofcourse large areas are heated with it, including me. This will also drag up natural gas, which will drag up electricity which will drag up manufacturing which will....

I just wish we stayed with paper money, this new polymer stuff up in Canada sucks to be wiping your ass with. At least you boys in US can look forward to that cloth /paper softness of dollar bills.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

....and (brown - coincidence?) pennies.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You English Pig Dog.

OldSchlPunk and Ducati89 like this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

cotton

8. Ducati89

Memba this thread?:D $4/gal diesel on 95.

Pretty sweet.:rolleyes::oops:

9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Gas/fuel in FL is roughly the same price as DE. Last week it was $.30 less than PA or so.

10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Prices here in Homosassa/Crystal River were $ 3.12/3.15 last week .. they are now $3.31 avg . ..

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

3.65 for 87 with E, 4.21 for non e pure gas this weekend.

13. auminer likes this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

$3.59 for 87 outside of Philadelphia.

15. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

3.59 for diesel in prescott az.

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

1 unit of O neg blood/liter.

tl1098 and BigBird like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hell, I been giving that shit away for free! :mad:

I just realized something, though... What is a 'unit' of blood in metric? Do y'all still use pints for that.? I can't believe that it never occurred to me to ask that question.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

he said litres

19. Don’t worry, it won’t last.

With the higher oil prices, the day-rates for the rigs will go up.

Then oil companies (Contractors) will think “Hell if I have 20 rigs making $400k per day, imagine if I had 30 rigs making that”.

They will flood the market with rigs, consequently the market will be flooded with oil, and we will be in another (oilfield) recession.

It’s the same shit every time.

The price of oil goes up, they get greedy and bring out a bunch more rigs, the market gets flooded with oil, too much supply for the demand, so the oil price drops.

With the big drop in oil prices, rigs lose contracts and go out of work, people get laid off.

With most of the rigs “Stacked” (not operating), there is more worldwide consumption than oil being produced. After a while of that, the price of oil starts to slowly come back up.

Then finally oil will reach $80-90+ per bbl and day-rates will start coming up so more rigs go back to work.

The supply vs demand will be balanced for a while.

Then companies get greedy and want to make up for the time when so many rigs were Stacked, so they bring more rigs out.

With more rigs drilling, the market gets flooded with oil……….

Rinse and repeat. Over and over. It has always been like that, and will always be like that.

noles19 likes this.
  20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

But how much exploration has been done during the time oil prices have been low(ish)?

tl1098 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.