1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohvale 110 mini class

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by breezie, Jan 20, 2022.

1. breezie

breezie Well-Known Member

Is the 110 ohvale eligible for the mini class? I have a 11year old who wants to transfer from dirt to asphalt.

2. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Where are you located and in what series are you asking about? SFL MiniGP, NJMiniGP, DMVMiniGP, OMRL, or other?

DMV, SFL MiniGP and NJ MiniGP all have the GP110 class for Ohvales.

MotoAmerica has the MiniCup series where Ohvales are the spec bike for all 3 classes. But I believe your 11 year old would need a 160 to race that class since I think the age cutoff for the 110 class is 10.

4. breezie

Does wera not run a mini class?

5. StaccatoFan

On Ohvale is a lot to spend for just doing wera mini class races.

what’s your kid riding now?

6. breezie

Ohvale 110 and races yz85s in motocross

7. StaccatoFan

The 110 is eligible for mini 50 at this point in time. You could also get 12 inch wheels for the 85 and race in Formula 80, too. Generally there are only a few that show up at an event to race the mini classes...so If you're looking for a larger grid in mini's consider the MiniGP orgs, too.
    And the Ohvale can easily be converted to the 160 with an engine swap.

How big is your kid? How tall? I have a couple suits my son's outgrown now that need a new home. My kid's 5 foot 2 now and about 100 pounds.

Per the rule book.

11. We will be holding races for 50 and 80cc machines at certain East Coast tracks & all WERA West rounds - we will try to inform everyone via the web site at www.wera.com if there are any additions to this limited schedule.
    a) There will be 3 WERA Mini’s classes as follows:

Superbike 50
    50cc - 65cc 2-stroke machines based on Superbike rules
    Up to 125cc 4-stroke machines based on Superbike rules

Formula 80
    66cc to 85cc 2-stroke machines based on Formula rules
    126cc to 150cc 4-stroke mahcines based on Formula rules

Grom Cup
    Honda Groms based on Superstock rules
    * Airbox may be replaced with pod filter. Throttle body may be repositioned. (i.e. aftermarket intake is allowed)

b) All machines and riders must conform to the rules as set forth in this rulebook. Exceptions may be made for technical/equipment requirements on a case by case basis.

8. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

Can he run 17’s on the 85 in the Formula 80 class ?

9. StaccatoFan

Sorry. I was thinking 4 strokes when I was typing. I think MiniGP too much sometimes.

You would have to ask Mongo about wheel size. But I’m kind of thinking they would be ok if that’s what fits the machine. But I’ll defer to @Mongo. It’s his rule book.

10. breezie

Ive looked into.the mini gp organizations, it would be great if they weren't all 8 to 10 hrs away. I was hoping to get something closer. But I'm thinking I may have to sacrifice. He's 4'7 about 80lbs.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes

12. StaccatoFan

Yeah..it kinda goes that way...finding a balance between their desire to race, and yours. I found it easier to just join him and get a mini as well. I have no chance to win, I'll podium if there are only 3 people entered in my race. I'm 5'9" 240 pounds racing against kids less than half my weight, when I race. Mostly, I ride the practice days and crew chief for him on race day.

If we are at a WERA event, and the Minis are running, it basically just gives him a little time on the track so he can get his "fix", too. It costs me extra money to let him run the Mini class, but he's worth it.