1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it with car people?

Discussion in 'General' started by baconologist, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

ummm…

c5

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Ugh.... definitely not an accurate statement.

C7Z

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Get the vinyl jacket.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So is the Porsche worse or the Ferrari?

5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Big vans are cool also. What else can you haul racebikes inside, cause to be rocking, and give free candy out of?

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I just spit coffee all over my keyboard. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

The dog rescue group my wife and I work with has a **FLAMING** hairdresser who drives a bubblegum pink Boxster.

SGVRider and motion like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I like talking anything with wheels... But once I see who have no clue, then I just be quiet.

8. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

It's not that you don't want attention. It is that you don't want face to face attention.
    Otherwise none of us would know all about the last 6 vehicles you have owned.:Poke:

ChemGuy, Scotty87, R Acree and 2 others like this.
  9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the BEEB is special. Unlike your run of the mill dork on the street.,

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I think this is a lot of over reaction to a bunch of nothing. I have some nice vehicles(4 and 2 wheeled ). I talk to people about them if they initiate the conversation but I don't run around seeking attention. I was an army officer for 36 years and people were our business. I love Gorilla George's comments here but I think he might want to think about moving into one of those Air Force missile silos they are no longer using in Norh Dakota but seeing as how he has a Jaguar I am willing to cut him some slack but if he goes Kraut all bets are off.

SGVRider and Gorilla George like this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Put a lacrosse sticker in your back window and you'll never have to talk about cars again.

stk0308, tiggen and motion like this.
  12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

When I drive my old truck, people will try to communicate with me going down the highway.

418, beechkingd and tl1098 like this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Because shits falling off it or ? :D

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Hand signals?

BigBird likes this.
  15. I actually do like to talk about cars, bikes, and guns, and lifting weights, etc...but only with people that know something about them (or people that don't, but have a genuine interest in learning). That is where the conversations usually come from, I am asking questions about shit because no matter what the subject, there is someone on the beeb who knows a lot about it.

Or there is someone else asking who genuinely wants to learn. It isn't a forced conversation just because 2 people are stuck in line or in the waiting room or some shit.

So it isn't that i dont like to talk about shit, the biggest thing, if i am being honest, is that i want to do it on MY terms.

Few things piss me off as much as being held up. Stuck behind someone on the road, the grocery line, someone taking too long at the ATM, whatever. Being "forced" to wait on anyone, for any reason, sets me off.

9 times out of 10, when someone tries to have a conversation with me, they are holding me up. I either want to be doing something else, want to go somewhere else, or just want to think about something else. When someone else takes and keeps my attention, it pisses me off.

On the beeb, that is never the case. Because if i am talking about shit on here, that IS what i want to be doing at the time. And I can have 10 tabs open at once, or i can just walk away (or put my phone down), at any time. Talking about shit on here is fun, because the people are funny and it is on my terms. In person, that is rarely the case...so I avoid it.

BigBird likes this.
  16. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Broome get’s it

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

A simple "you are correct" would have sufficed.

JK, don't need to read another novel. I like to to that on paper without feeling the need to respond.

18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

"Hey man, I need tires!?!?" ......I mean, you being the face of the tire industry and all, right?

I keed....C10 right?....those trucks are very popular right now. Nice ride.

I kinda try to pull a broome when I drive the 67 RS/SS around.....plus, I never stop...I'm driving it cuz I like to DRIVE it.

19. Had you been 100% correct, I would have said exactly that. But you weren't, so I didn't.

Now I am not sure if you are trying to be funny, or trying to be a dickhead.

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Most of the time, it stays together

I get those from friends.

Yes, the C10. It's fun to drive.