1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Just picked up a Glock 43x MOS and CZ P07

2. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

HEARING PROTECTION

Here's what they don't tell you about hearing loss. When you lose your hearing, the part of your brain that processes auditory response atrophies. Without that constant input those areas of the brain slowly die off (which is why a lot of older people still can't hear well with hearing aids in).

The bad part is actually this. The auditory processing area of the brain is tied to certain parts of the memory processing brain. Correlative studies have shown that men with hearing loss have a significantly increased risk of early onset Alzheimers. Bad news. Always wear your ear pro!!!

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. My left ear is completely fucked (20% with bad tinnitis) from the drawworks brake squeak, driving with the window open, shooting, motorcycle riding, etc. Fortunately my right ear is still doing ok but I do say "what" alot more than I would like because I couldn't make out what a person said. Good hearing protection is important if you want to hear when you get older...

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Anybody have a good lead on bulk ammo? Looking to purchase 3,ooo or more. Group of buddies want to all go in on some.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

3000...bulk??? That's a couple pre-workout range stops...

From what I've seen, prices don't drop much after 500-1000 round packs. I've seen pallet prices that weren't much better.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

you guys needs 3000 rounds to be accurate ??? lOL u MuSt NoT Op3R@t3 1 sH0t 1 K1Ll

Sudowoodo and Gorilla George like this.
  7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Norma has had the best deals lately, by far, and quality ammo at that. At least for 9mm and 556, which is what I assume you're looking for. 9mm around 30cents per and 556 around 50.

8. Tristan

Paper targets are a lot tougher than hogs...takes a couple hundred rounds to take one down

sanee and Steak Travis like this.
  9. :stupid:

With only 3000 rounds between all of you, what are you going to do starting Tuesday? :D

10. :stupid:

I’ve bought a lot of Norma and Winchester lately. They seem to be the best deals.

And they are both good quality.

11. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

LuckyGunner.com's prices are usually as good as anyone's and it's one of the few sites out there that allow you to sort by Cost per Round, which saves so much time. Their Youtube channel has some really good content too.

Wingnut likes this.
  12. Tristan

There's no single site that will always have the best prices...that's why I just go to wikiarms or ammoseek. Both sort by cpr. I just checked and found 1k rounds cases of Norma 62g for $467 shipped. Still more than I wanna pay, but that's been about the going price for a while.

13. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Anybody jumping on .30 Super Carry? The promise is 20% more rounds and the same zip as a 9.

Downside seems to be high cartridge pressure, which probably means dramatically shortened barrel life, but nobody is wearing out their barrels on carry pistols anyways.

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I'll say this is the first Ive heard of this cartridge.

15. rice r0cket

Federal leaked it a week ago, and I think the press embargo is lifted now.

Like all "new" cartridges nowadays, it's driven by a big marketing budget, but it might have some merits.

16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

read an article the other day that basically said "why?". not a huge jump from 380, and actually close ballistically to 22mag (energy, etc) but you don't see people jumping on that for CC.

found it...
    https://gununiversity.com/30-super-...gKBSRP2jOioBGUKkELTa0g1Wof4Ax6ewgi3VFnXnRRNaI

17. rice r0cket

18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with this picture 7B7DED2E-A749-4D42-9D63-858497C251C8.jpeg

19. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Left handed upper with a dust cover that hinges on the top

Also............

No sights/optic
    No magazine
    No ammo
    NO GO BANG BANG

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Oh she went bang bang. I used a test scope and ran a mag through it. It’s for my friend that stands on the wrong side of rifles. He’s going thermal and can so it’s not quite finished
    It’s also got the ambi lower from Aero. It has a right hand bolt release. I didn’t like the clamp on through the trigger guard type.