1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Spring Hill or Hernando County FL

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducati89, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Thats it! Ive had enough of the northeast. Not looking to bring what Im leaving.

We are finding very nice homes in the Spring Hill area. What sayeth the residents/beebers?

Decent place to retire? Crime? Flooding? There's ice hockey in Tampa so that'll keep me in shape and now I can get to Road A, Barber and tracks that stay open longer in the season.

TIA!

2. 713

713 Well-Known Member

You know Hernando is where Melka rides his dirty bike weekly right?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Ducati89

Perfect!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Just no, seriously that is about the worst place you could live. Unless you make or use meth

BigBird and SBKBee like this.
  5. Ducati89

Been to the northeast recently?

At least in Florida, I can smoke a meth user breaking into my home unlike up here where I would have to counsel and coddle them on why their life is the way it is.

pickled egg likes this.
  6. notbostrom

Google sink holes. Seriously though I know that area well and Pasco and Hernando county are pretty nasty places to live

7. Ducati89

Recommendations?

8. notbostrom

Anything north south or east of Pasco Hernando

BigBird and Ducati89 like this.
  9. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

West of rt19 floods , There are some nice hoods and some not so nice hoods in Spring Hill . From Crystal River south it is building and building , the toll road runs from Tampa to Crystal River now .

It’s a nice area , I like Lecanto hoods as they seem like nice house , nice small private lots at great prices , 15 minutes to the rivers .
    Homosassa is the best river spot !

10. Ducati89

Hows Hudson?

11. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Hudson is a dump. Hit me up homie.

MELK-MAN and BigBird like this.
  12. Ducati89

PM your cell, Joe. I have a new p-hone.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I remember Pasco county used to be on LivePD before they killed it, if that's any help. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  14. 713

713 Well-Known Member

I live in Tampa and bought a place in Hernando county about 2 years ago on the west side of US19. I love it there and will eventually live there full time. It is definitely Trump country. I like the country feel of the area mixed in with all the major stores and restaurants. I prefer the Weeki Wachee river over the Homasassa river. Homasassa is about 45 minutes North. The area is known for sinkhole and settling issues. I could see flooding being an issue in some areas. There is plenty of meth for sure. Hernando beach doesn't have a beach and all the houses are built on canals. And of course there is croom for dirty bikes. Tampa/St. Pete is easy to get to from there. About a hour away.

Homestead 6.5 hours
    Daytona 2.5 hours
    Pbir 4 hours
    Jennings 3 hours
    Roebling 5 hours
    Rd Atlanta 8 hours
    Barber 11 hours
    Talladega 10 hours

John Linder

MELK-MAN and Ducati89 like this.
  15. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

We’re full

MELK-MAN and 713 like this.
  16. Ducati89

Thanks, John. We really like what we see there. We'll drive down and see it for sure!

17. Ducati89

POPO-OPENUPSEARCHWARRANT!!!!:D

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Home buying is the worst.

You walk into a home, like ok I like it. Have to put money down to go further, sign a bunch of contracts. All based on like 15 minutes. You can't test drive the house or live in it for a little to see what's up.

So crazy a process. Good thing the Beeb is here. You probably avoided a big mistake

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That's best. Take a few days and explore. That's what we did a few years ago. Even check out the east side of Tampa Bay. Apollo beach area and such. Personally, I like St. Pete area best, specifically Treasure Island area, but it's way way more pricey down there compared to Pasco or Hernando area, particularly if you want a boat slip property.

JCP636 likes this.
  20. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I’m in TI

No boat slip though…

MELK-MAN likes this.