1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port St Lucie FLA, yay or nay

Discussion in 'General' started by Rene Bucek, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Planning on moving south, I hate winter and Trudeau. Assuming the States will let me in, from searches I've done, I think I'd like to move to Port St Lucie. Opinions?

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Florida is great , just don't bring liberal voting with you.

Also, if you like to make news headlines while naked, drunk, and high on some sort of drug....its a great place to call home.

3. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Seriously. If youre for coivd and the great reset, stay the fuck where you are:D

4. Rene Bucek

Those are the main reasons I want to leave (and winter, I fuc#ing HATE winter). If I get covid, I'll be sick for a week, maybe two. Hurricanes last what..3 maybe 4 days? Winter here is 5 months long. Not to mention all the restrictions due to covid are idiotic, and our leader is an absolute jackass.

Back to Port St Lucie, is it a good place to live and raise kids?

5. Rene Bucek

Out of curiosity, what does the comment about making headlines while high and naked refer to?

6. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

See the Bizarre Florida thread . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

969 and BigBird like this.
  7. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

St Lucie is ok, but central Florida is where all the fuss is when it comes to kid stuff. Schools, theme parks, beaches, etc are all central to Orlando area (Seminole county)

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You spelled reefer wrong.

FL is HOT in the summer. If you haven't spent any time there, might I suggest visiting for a week in August prior to making up your mind.

BigBird, MELK-MAN and G2G like this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yes.....don't Trudope my Florida.
    I only just got here, but it's my Florida now. :crackup:

[​IMG]

You should probably read up on the weird Florida thread on here.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I grew up there, left in 1994. It’s crazy how much it has expanded. Great beaches very close, actually used to be a fun place but it has changed a lot. It’s always been mostly relocated northerners. IT IS SOOOO HOT during the summers, just be aware. It’s really no different than any other coastal FL town, Ft Pierce is still a dump though.

Pixelator likes this.
  11. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

If there is a certain area in PSL you are looking at, send me a PM and I can give you some better advice.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

why PSL? Its kind of a no mans land unless youre in the Airforce or work in the space industry.

13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Curious... Isn't that a little far from Patrick Air/Space Force base and Kennedy Space Center? I always pictured it as yet another Florida retirement/bedroom community, but I've only been there infrequently. Or is there something down there I'm missing (or people just make a very long commute!).

As far as "why live there"... Some people just like small towns. My big question would be do you need a job to live. What would you do there?

to the OP, I'd also recommend spending a summer here. I came to Florida as a baby, and I still bitch about it every year. It is kind of like our "winter" down here.

As far as the "Florida Man" stories. They are kind of a "thing" down here in the states. Any weird story happens in Florida. It has made seeking out such stories a social media/"professional" media thing, so there are more and more of them. Some of them happen elsewhere and are "adjusted" to be in Florida (or headlined as a "Florida Man" story and when you read it took place elsewhere). There are weird/crazy people everywhere, and to be fair we probably have more than our share.

And I agree... Leave Canada politics in Canada.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's not the heat, it's the stupidity. Most of my relatives fit the FL crazy description. We left before the mouse ate central FL.

BigBird likes this.
  15. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

We’re full

TurboBlew and R Acree like this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And so is the state.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Florida has 2 NHL teams so there's that.

TurboBlew and rd400racer like this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Its a straight shot on the highway so not really bad... 90 mins at the most.
    Its just in that weird central coast area with not much urban development which could be a plus.

I laugh at the summers now... but I live on the coast so its not Auschwitz by me.
    One thing the 90% humidity has done was made me much tougher in heat... so when I go to CA, NV, or AZ & the temps go over 100 but 50% humidity... I mock that with a pint of water every hour. Plus at 76 degrees in my house it feels "cold" now.

19. Rene Bucek

What I want is a place that's safe, big enough that I don't have to drive for an hour to hit a Home Depot, but not huge where a large portion of my time is spent sitting in traffic. I want to surf often so it needs to be close to a beach. There needs to be a skate park for my son and gymnastics for my daughter. Also, kart tracks and dirt bike tracks within an hour (both kids race) and a half decent motorcycle track within 2 hours. Good schools would be a huge bonus.

Regarding work, I do home renos here and could continue on doing them there or move into something different. I'm flexible in that regard.

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I know FL is all the rage now with people wanting to escape blue hell holes, but I'd suggest looking into other freedom loving states as well. Not to discourage you from FL, but don't stop there. SC and TN should possibly be on your list. For me, E TN is my eventual target, hopefully within 5 years. The beauty of the smokies can't be beat. The weather is kind of odd, but you do still get some snow days. NO HURRICANES THOUGH! Amazing for motorcycles whether street, dirt, or adventure. Every bit as freedom loving as FL. Lots of smaller towns/cities. For you and your kids, I'd honestly say be weary of the heat. It's no joke. I've lived in the south my whole life, so 93 degrees and 90% humidity is not a big deal. My daughter was into traveling all over the SE for baseball and softball, and I've seen my share of canadian teams in Florida. They literally start dropping like flies in the summer heat. Their bodies just aren't used to it.

One thing that has stuck with me about southern FL was the Miami area. Every time I go, I feel like I'm in a hot version of LA. Cracked out/Methed out people EVERYWHERE. Crime everywhere. Homeless everywhere. Every time I go, I can't get out of there fast enough. Everyone I know that's lived there most of their lives, also can't wait to get out of there. So I'd say, only from anecdotal experience, stay away from the southern part of FL. I'm sure someone will chime in to say how crazy I am; but that's my experience as someone that's visited multiple times.

BigBird likes this.