1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford, WAZE, and Apple conspiracy!

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I recently started using my truck for more highway stuff (sold the GTI) and I noticed right away that when using WAZE with Apple Car Play, it shows my speed on the CarPlay display as 10 MPH faster than I'm indicating. I know there's no way I'm cruising at 90, but I do have aftermarket wheels on the 150 so I was beginning to wonder.

So I unplugged the phone, shut off the bluetooth, and LO and Behold! the speed dropped 10MPH and matched what was on the speedo!

Is this a grand conspiracy by Ford to discourage speeding? Or something more nefarious?

2. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I know some speedos are programmed a bit optimistically (had to code my BMW to show the actual MPH) but 10mph seems a bit excessive.
    Going from a GTI to a F150 though you're probably better off thinking you're going faster than you are. ;)

3. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

It's just shitty Ford Sync firmware. GM vehicles had similar issues but I believe they've fixed it by now.

Car manufacturers would benefit from everyone speeding anyways. The more vehicles that get totaled out, the more they sell. That's how it works, right?

Gino230 likes this.
  4. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Probably the latter. Weak people love being told what to do and they blindly accept it.

Gino230 likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Donning my spiffy foil hat...if you are in an accident, the black box data will show you driving irresponsible eliminating the app, Apple and Ford from liability.

Gino230 and beac83 like this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

its my mission to make the waze speedo #s red on the display... hehe

SuddenBraking likes this.
  7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

So the speedo on your dash shows the 'correct' speed, but your phone is showing 10mph+ on the apple app when bluetoothed to the truck? So there's a bug with the apple software/truck interface, and no actual conspiracy with Ford faking their speedometer? Don't think I've ever had a vehicle that showed my speed LOWER than what I was actually doing. Always showed higher.

Have a GPS lap timer you can use to give actual trustworthy speed values? If not, you can always find a speed trap and see if the officer agrees with your numbers.

8. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Try using a cable to connect your iPhone, my f350 and Waze are the same on cable, never tried Bluetooth

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How old school.

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Keeps it charged. ABC, always be charging.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You mean you don't have wireless charging? How quaint.

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I roll old school with my Garmin.

OldSwartout likes this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Accurized (tm)

elevenn7 and Rico888 like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

sooo....you went from a VW to a Ford, and it already has issues :confused:

16. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Dont use carplay, dont use waze, dont use my phone for music, don't have any of these issues your having either :D

elevenn7 and BigBird like this.
  17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My 2002 Ford doesn't have bluetooth, GPS, screen or digital anything. It works really well.

5axis, R Acree and BigBird like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

y'all missing out

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

My old jetta used to always indicate gradually faster than the GPS beyond 60 mph (IIRC)

20. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Isn't that how every speedo on every motorcycle you ever owned has read out? I'd consider it news to have one read actual.

BigBird likes this.