1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

BTC is well on its way to $1 million :p

BigBird likes this.
  2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

as in good time to buy

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

how many times do you need to see a falling knife picture posted to this thread?

motion likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'll jump back into BTC when it gets down to $10K ish. Even at that price its a scam, but could be a little fun.

Sweatypants likes this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'll buy when it drops to 5K because you bought at 10K. :D

motion, YamahaRick, ChemGuy and 5 others like this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Good thing the transfer from my bank to PayPal hasn't gone through yet. :D

BigBird likes this.
  7. Sweatypants

that's my pricepoint too. i say this with the caveat of... "IF, it were going to catch on in a more mainstream way", then perhaps things start to act differently, and the waves become less extreme and things smooth and normalize over time, BUT... the last 3 waves were essentially an 80% or so retraction from high, so that's what i'm looking for. if it doesn't get down there and levels at say $25k, i don't think i'll be a player, but also i won't have FOMO about it.

on another angle... eventually something is gonna have to take control of that whole market and be the winner. is it POSSIBLE that BTC doesn't have another waves of growth similar to the past because "its outdated" or something better comes along? i dunno and i'm not that into that whole world TO know. but everything i read says ETH has ridiculous transactions fees even though people like its function better and that might cause problems in seeing any more real growth than this last surge. there's coins related to a bunch of different metaverses but if they all use their own that i can't see any one single becoming dominant. there's shitcoins that people put hopes and dreams on that are stupid. BTC has a name synonymous with crypto like Coke is to soda, so maybe there will be better ones to use daily in the future but BTC will always remain as a base or a gateway from cash currency to crypto. we'll see i guess.

i'm annoyed at myself because i literally have the convo history saved in my gchat of the beginning of COVID where i said to my buddy that I bet people flock to crypto because of uncertainty and telling him I shoulda put $20k into ETH when it was like $100, but then i did nothing cause i was like "well what if this happens...". i'm saying $10k is my target for the low this time, I'm gonna pull a trigger if it gets there and stop second guessing myself cause i over analyze everything.

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You kind of answered yourself there, but different crypto are used for different things. For example IoTex can be different in usage from BTC. Then you have the competing coins like cardano and solana who are trying to take share from ETH. Then you've got 'helper' coins like GRT...

Its pretty crazy.

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i did buy more crypto this morning :)

10. auminer

I don't really think that it will either.

But if you'd told me in 2010 it would go to 60-something thousand I would have told you that you were a fucking idtio.

BigBird likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

S0 5K US is like 10K CAD....so you're still in at 10k....:D

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I made 10k in October on crypto, I had never bought any before so it was good timing. I cashed out my winnings but put a bunch back in as it started dropping in December assuming it would shoot back up again. Clearly that didn’t work out. I’m still up overall so I’m just going to let it sit there and hope it comes back at some point. I should stop looking at the balance though because that shit has been tanking for the last month.

sanee and BigBird like this.
  13. Sweatypants

sure. but there's also like 16,000 different ones, and like anything else in this stage of life cycle, there will probably be like 10 of them when things shake out. we'll see anyways i guess. if it was $10-12k, and went up to like $150k, i'd be more than content, and be on my way again. *shrug* haha

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Cardano is the answer to ETH's transaction costs. I have zero doubt that crypto will take back off, but there's so much uncertainty and that will be there for some time.

15. auminer

Where are fear and doubt? :D

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Exactly what I told the kid that poured my last concrete pad...he tried to get me into it (BTC)...He called me when it went to 60K and reminded me, he became a BTC Meeeeelionare.
    I FkedUp..
    He called me a couple months back, "XRP, just buy some, and hold on to it". This time I did.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

F$ck XRP!

Phl218 likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

So, like the next day? FML

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

@motion did you get of the electric car game? All mine are going up now...so I assumed you sold. Please let me know if your out so i can buy more....:D

BigBird likes this.
  20. auminer

Let me know when you sell it. I have permission from the missus to piss away... errrr.... invest.... $5k in the crypto/nft space. The transfer to my PayPal account should be in there when I get home. That's how I decided to fund it, to insulate coin base from my bank account. They wanted way to gahtdamn much info!

Anyway. XRP might not be 'lottery ticket' enough for my plans. Depending upon transaction costs, and how much that's going to eat up with each transfer, I'ma spread the cash around to as many low cap instruments as possible and look for thousand baggers, if not meeeelion baggers.

If it all goes to shit, I haven't lost enough to hurt. If I get a million bagger on 200 bucks I'm buying WERA. :D

BigBird and motion like this.