1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Looks like the drivers sentence was reduced to 10 years.....I think that's about right.

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yay. So all the people who burned alive in their cars due to his carelessness are going to come back to life in ten years?

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Because a 100 year sentence would bring them back quicker, you know.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A zero year sentence accomplishes the same result.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Nice to see that the mob now determines the sentence.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I thought 100 years was absurd...not sure 10 years isn't too little.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Guess they will they come back in 110?

Some of you people act like this kid fucked your mom or something.

By the time he gets out all of you will long have forgotten about the 4 people that perished in that accident. I doubt it will be the same for him.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Precisely.

Yeah the kid fucked up. Yeah he’s responsible. If justice is to be restorative, he can be locked up forever and the dead won’t be resurrected. If justice is to be rehabilitative, 110 years won’t give him an opportunity to be rehabilitated.

10 years seems excessive to me for negligent homocide. Especially given the people who skate in less time for intentional acts.

SuddenBraking, Rebel635 and 418 like this.
  10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Its not like he purposely drove into a parade route to run over kids.

Clay, BigBird and 418 like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And gyrating geriatrics.

12. auminer

And some of y'all act like you would be all flowers and forgiveness if some asshat did something stupid and utterly selfish and killed someone you care about. :rolleyes:

Justice is and always has been about retribution. If I was dick-Tater he'd be strapped into a car and set on fire, but I'm an asshole.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  13. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

The slippery slope of politicians making sentences for those convicted.

YamahaRick and tl1098 like this.
  14. auminer

You misspelled "the madding crowd".

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Used to pass nearly a half dozen of the ramps on my morning commute for years and regularly encountered trucks in them and even a few cars. Can’t imagine how terrifying it would be to run into them, but they work wonders and the handful that I was the first person to stop and help - all had drivers that survived relatively unscathed. Cars hitting them is another story, first sand mound is often the equivalent to a brick wall for them…

Also came across the scene of a trucker who jumped out and sailed his truck over a 600’ cliff, because he wasn’t familiar with runaway truck ramps and apparently just earned a CDL in Florida. No doubt those are some quick decision making requirements in high stress situations, makes me a bit nervous over the high school trucking programs that are starting up.

17. auminer

I only fling poo..:D

pickled egg likes this.
  18. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Colorado apparently grants parole board hearings at 50% of sentencing minus credits. If he stays active in programming, education, etc, looks like he could be out of prison in four years.

19. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Im glad Im retired. Hope the crowd enjoys its own F fest in the coming years.

YamahaRick and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member