1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BRC making a new 600 two stroke

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by CBRRRRR999, Nov 5, 2021.

1. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Saw this on a Brit forum. Canadian manufacturers. Not sure how firm the date is but they do make a lot of stuff for karts and dirty bikes. Won't fit in many classes anywhere but it looks both terrifying and fun at the same time.
    https://brcracing.ca/brc-r600/

grandpanot, BlueR32 and Heisenberg like this.
  2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Oooh, there was a group making kits to mount RZ350 based motors in R6 frames at one point, and they had some spicy builds with similar numbers. This would be bolt in, with a modern transmission... I like. CCS rules wise because it's a twin, there's no single cylinder loop hole to exploit, this is going to be strictly GP, and only legal for the top class, Unlimited GP at that. So Unlimited GP, GTO, and your day is done. I don't know it can be competitive.

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

damn they make a conversion kit for my 01 yz250 into a yz500! thats pretty badass.

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Power valve, too. The CR500 i used to rise didnt have one. Didnt need one either for that matter but I digress.

Balance shaft too!

5. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Since this engine sounds like a kit for an R6 it could on paper stay an R6 and you would have a very special 2t street bike.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I like this!

7. Kiwi

Kiwi Well-Known Member

Curious to see the cost or the r6 kit

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

inquiry sent!

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

group buy!!

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Its about $14,500

G2G likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

all in or just the engine, mounts & header?

G2G likes this.
  12. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

To make a similar Banshee based motor wouldn't be quite as pricey but it wouldn't have a balance shaft , the power valves or the R6 transmission.
    $1k each or more for banshee cases, crank, carbs, pipes, ignition.
    $2K for a Nova transmission. All the bits and pieces for another grand or two. Mount kit or fabrication of a mount another grand.
    And unlikely to get those hp levs with the shitty banshee based transfer geometry.

13. Kiwi

Kiwi Well-Known Member

Anyone got an r6 with a blown motor?

14. TurboBlew

I do has a complete 2006 R6 roller why do you ask?

15. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

2007 and up R6. They said the kit is complete engine with exhaust and electrics but you supply the R6 transmission.

Said they can tune it from 120-150 hp. I wonder how reliable 150hp would be......

Probably spend around $20k but that would be a screamer with that kinda horsepower...

16. Supermotoguy

Supermotoguy Active Member

R6 motors are going to be like $2.00 on eBay after the release. Maybe cycle gear will do a promotion, “free R6 motor with purchase of $100.00 or more”. I can see it now.

boxcrash likes this.
  17. Trevor636

Trevor636 Well-Known Member

Wonder what the weight difference would b between the two motors. Would have to be substantial I would think. Same power if not more with like 50 less lbs would b killer!

18. Supermotoguy

It would be approximately 80% reduction of what the R6 cylinder heads weigh. I was informed by Mr. Will that the R6 chassis is a direct copy of the YZR 500 GP chassis. So this thing would be a true GP bike. The engine has a counter balanced shaft to cut down on vibration so the aluminum frame will not be an issue in this case. Seems like a slam dunk to me. I will likely get one.

I believe they will be between 15-20 K USD for the “Conversion Kit” for any 2007-2020 R6. The motor kit is complete with all brackets that will directly fit this motor. Parts should be readily available according to BRC. When I inquired, I was told they’ll be available some time late 22 or early 23. I could be wrong about this. Don’t quote me. I for one am pretty excited for this.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

false. besides the overall shape, the materials, the headtube bracing, etc... but its still a GOOD chassis, and shit maybe its better overall due to flex engineering and design or some shit... a decade went by between them, who knows. this is still gonna be a super rad bike.

i'm at a crossroads right now with Project #2 where everything I've bought could just go right onto an R6 cause its all R6 stuff. I could sell the Martek frame and Banshee dry clutch kit/trans and probably be at a difference of $1000 or so from buying a roller R6 and one of these kits. I don't have pipes or an engine built or carbs bought yet, so I could kinda take either fork in the road right now with minimal impact. I'm gonna see how my timetable just naturally plays out, but I also might be on board.

2002 YZR500 replica direct off the engineering specs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

R6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

L8RSK8R likes this.
  20. Supermotoguy

Wow, excellent post. Thanks for sharing.