1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to it. I'm competitive by nature so that is what is gonna make me go often and always to improve and I will get training and develop my skills while competing.

cBJr likes this.
  2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Just an fyi, look into the US Practical Shooting stuff as well. Its another rabbit that you'll fall down. Try them all! :beer:

Jed and assjuice cyrus like this.
  3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe check out the stribog or a scorpion. Don’t know shit about the stribog but a lot of people seem to like it and I’ve seen them fairly regularly at my local stores. And I just personally like the scorpion, though it is also one of the only guns I’ve even shot in this category so I’m probably biased.

4. Shit that sounds awesome.

cBJr and assjuice cyrus like this.
  5. assjuice cyrus

I'll let you know how it goes. Going to shoot in my first one tomorrow.

Gorilla George and speedluvn like this.
  6. speedluvn

What organization?

7. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

10/22 is the way to go if you truly want a .22lr. My only caution is that you must buy Ruger magazines. All of the aftermarket mags I have tried have caused malfunctions like you wouldn't believe.

DmanSlam likes this.
  8. assjuice cyrus

Idpa

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

No love for a Henry...made in the USA or not made at all....seriously, thinking about getting the grand son his own rifle. I was torn between a Henry and a Ruger. In 22lr, of course. His Dad is an easy OK...my daughter may want to wait a few more years.

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

My son got a BB gun at 7 or 8 and a shot gun the following year. He just loved to shoot. Didn’t care what the weather was just wanted to shoot. Made for some awesome traveling shoots across the country all through his teens and into early twenties. That time together was priceless. He’s 27 now, kid on the way and works his ass off so shooting is very rare but fuck he’s still got crazy skills.

His first rifle was the year after shotgun and it was a Winchester 22 lever action that he absolutely loves. Henry does make a very smooth 22 lever action also

boxcrash likes this.
  11. speedluvn

Report back with feedback.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  12. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

I own a few Henry lever actions, also including a 22 lever action I bought for my son when he was like 8 or 9, he is 17 now. Great guns, very smooth and well made.
    We still shoot that rifle when we can can.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My first 22 at 10 years old was a Marlin Model 60. Out of the 2 you mentioned, I'd get the Ruger over the Henry.

DmanSlam likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I've owned one forever and it shoots so straight it's damn near unfair.

rd400racer likes this.
  15. assjuice cyrus

Will do. Only hope is I finish and learn.

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

For my first one, I had two goals and one acknowledgement:
    1) Be safe
    2) Do not get DQ'd for any reason.
    3) DFL is ok if I meet 1 and 2.

cBJr and Gorilla George like this.
  17. assjuice cyrus

That's what I'm hoping fun the excat same thing.

cBJr and Jedb like this.
  18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

sanee, Gorilla George and Triple X like this.
  19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Ruger 10/22 hands down. Such a magnificent little gun that has more than stood the test of time. Buy some good metal lipped banana clips and he can shoot till his fingers hurt from reloading.

DmanSlam likes this.
  20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member