1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going south BigBird style

Discussion in 'General' started by Chino52405, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

About to drive down to Louisiana today in our new minivan and man is that thing the shit. I've always been a bit of a closet @BigBird constantly talking up vans to others, now here I am with one of my own. The best part is this thing (Pacifica) drives 10x better than my wife's CR-V it replaced.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's crazy how well most new cars drive and how easy they make long trips. I drove a Audi Q3 from Charlotte to Connecticut and while there where somethings I hated about the car it made that trip a breeze.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive transported a few bikes with a rental minivan... most needed the windshield removed as the opening was only 48" tall on the tailgate.
    The seats that fold into the floor are brilliant. With some planning & 120v access you could definitely comfortably camp in one.
    The other plus is the range... one could go 450 miles at 80mph easy... maybe even 500+ if you gave up a few mph.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Don't forget to have an appropriate sticker for it...

[​IMG]

5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Hey I didn't know you are a woman

Gorilla George and Chino52405 like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There’s been a time or two I’d have liked to have a mini van. It’s like a pick ‘em up. Could use one a day or two a month but just can’t deal with the soul crushing ownership the other 28 days a month. :D

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm glad there are men out there to drive them, but I sure as hell ain't one of em :D

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I had a company minivan (Dodge Caravan) for many years as my only car. It was great for hauling stuff, whether demo equipment to customers, moving my friends, carting sheets of drywall or plywood, etc.

They get a laugh, but for the $, one of the most useful vehicles around for getting stuff done.

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I can't wait till the Wifes new Sienna gets here in a few weeks. Partly because her equinox just shit the bed again (PCM) and partly because it's going to be an awesome roadtrip machine.

BigBird likes this.
  10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No…it’s not.:D

661EC3C8-5228-453C-8614-C389EBEFC4A6.jpeg

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

@RRP thats a premeditated felony if it’s near me and someone tosses me the keys. :D really, you want me anywhere in the US with something like that? Or a ghey ass pacifica? :D

RRP likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

FWIW, the new Kia Carnival eliminates minivan styling as a negative. Damn thing looks like a crossover SUV. Then only real giveaway is the location of the door handles on the back doors. I'm intrigued.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

That’s what the bumper is for Dave (and suicidal Bambi’s and hipsters in a Prius cutting lanes when I’m going through Nashville during rush hour).:D

14. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

We have #2 on the way and wife’s Subaru will become my beach/snowboard car and she’s getting a minivan. I think I’m more excited to get a minivan than I was to get my Macan. Seriously. The thought of the kids throwing open a car door and singing someone else’s car just pisses me off, so minivan it is.

BigBird likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

#1, if it's a work vehicle it doesn't really count as yours, you're stuck with it

#2, don't you get a technical pass here?

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Perhaps, but when I was laid off I bought the company van as part of the separation. Then I bought another one after that one died. (4-cyl Caravans last about 140-180K before they crap the bed). So I guess I just liked the utility of the van.

R Acree likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They don’t publish phone books or Sears catalogs for you to sit on and see over the steering wheel…

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This guy gets it.

BigBird likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My brotha from another mother!

20. If they weren’t minivans they’d be awesome. By dad used to get a new loaded Chrysler every 2 years as he worked at the plant, the long wheel base Town and Country’s were awesome for boys road trips.