1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California to ban portable gasoline-powered generators by 2028!

Discussion in 'General' started by duc995, Dec 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

What makes electric power???? Snow bunnies and unicorns?

evakat likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We don't research issues past the first level of consequence.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

And just think, the new world order want to conquer the world and rule over it in a worse technocratic manner!!

4. Captain Morgan

Enlighten me, I just cook food, you make and charge the batteries from what now?No idea, what powers electricity? I work on boats, wind and solar are great to power a 50ft sailboat for a couple living onboard. Where do all the dead batteries go? How much plastic and raw materials does it take to run an electric car vs gas powered?

5. auminer

My post was flippant sarcasm, actually. Trying not to go overboard & get a ban, but just today I was wondering how many batteries those landscaping crews are going to have to lug around with their crews to power their cordless weedwhackers and electric 52" zero turn mowers. Wonder how much more those cost than ICE jobbers? How many more tons of rare earths are going to have to be mined to keep up with that demand. What manner of recycling nightmare is going to result from the rapid influx of said batteries that can't hold up to the demands of all-day-every-day use.

And again... when the place ALREADY can't keep up with the grid load, how the eff does this electric car/bus/lawnmower/battery operated sexual devices make any logical sense?

EDIT: and I just had an hilarious vision of someone's breakers all tripping when Jose et al show up & plug in 27 different chargers all around every client's home upon arrival to try & make it through the day.

evakat and TurboBlew like this.
  6. Captain Morgan

I know lol, saw it quick, drunk, all good, sorry

7. knew

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Logic and reason are nowhere near any of California's "reasons" so don't bother looking. This is a state that is already experiencing rolling blackouts because of lower than needed grid capacity yet they are hell bent on shutting down Diablo Canyon. You know, the nuclear power plant that provides around 8% of the electricity for the state. The only way this move to electric would work is if the nation embraced nuclear power generation but they are running the opposite direction. I am not sure if they are diabolical or woefully inept.

Saiyan66, MELK-MAN, Ducati89 and 2 others like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I know! I know!

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Propane portable are common enough.

11. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Going to be so rad when everyone has battery backups t their hours. That is the way the power grid will survive.

look at the Testla plaid just destroy all the other cars in the half mile. Makes them look silly. Electric is the future. Even ebikes are fucking awesome.

you can enjoy gas and electric they both will put a smile on your face, isn’t that what’s it’s all about?

12. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

14. auminer

If you could come up with one that burned homeless peoples' shit, you'd be a zillionaire there.

tl1098 likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You could always claim the coal was recycled junkie shit, like any of those confused fucks would know.

Ducati89 likes this.
  16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'm always wondering how long it will be until they strip the market of 2 stroke oil.

It's already stupid expensive

17. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

Only idiots are concerned about the effects of something that might happen seven years from now but not by the existential crisis that will certainly occur in twenty years.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:crackup:

cav115, jd41 and Ducati89 like this.
  19. :stupid:

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.