1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So the guy mowing the lawn fucked the last yard boy?

speedluvn and pickled egg like this.
  2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

My lady and I are actually looking at duplexes in Boyle heights to buy and let my ex live in one that way the kiddo is right next door or at our place. The ex works nights and weekends (bar manager) so it’s not like we’ll see her too much. And it’s a good investment, Boyle heights is the next neighborhood to gentrify. One of the places I’m looking at is 650k and will be worth 1.2 EASY in a 5 years

Tell me I’m making a bad decision

3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'd say that the women are going to do great on that investment.

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Im not married. They wouldnt get anything from it except maybe a place to live and pay me rent.

when I do get married I’ve already made perfectly clear that when my lady and I get married we WILL have a prenup that says we split everything 50/50 no matter what. I make more than her but she works just as hard and works much harder than me at making our home a home. so I’m good with 50/50

but I don’t even have to worry about that because we’re going to be together for ever and ever and ever right? :D Oh wait wrong thread

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Better look up California common law marriage.

RRP, Sabre699, Ducati89 and 2 others like this.
  6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Bless your heart.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yup - pretty sure that lipstick and eyeliner are going to be considered marital assets :p

YamahaRick and Rebel635 like this.
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

CA is where my buddy was screwed. Paid for his education, bought his house, then got a wife. Paid all the bills for 5 yrs. IIRC. Then when she wasn't haaaapy anymore, the court ordered him to carry her for over 10 yrs. for thousands per month. He'll have many years of extra work to make up for that.

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

No need to be harsh. We on the same team. :D

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

California has got to be the absolute worst state to be married in. Sucks for your buddy.

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I don't know how he kept himself together. Suppose he's the ultimate optimist. He's quite happy these last 2 weeks, said bitch gonna have to get a job now that she's way past hitting the wall. I cautioned him that there's a lot of thirsty fools out there.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that totally protects you 100% every time. That's why rich celebrities never have contentious divorces.

cav115 likes this.
  14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ducati89 likes this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

This sounds like a typical Facebook law degree.

SuddenBraking and HPPT like this.
  16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Talk with a legal expert about setting up a LLC or some form of ownership (I don't know what's possible in CA) so that the property is held by a separate legal entity than you. Makes things cleaner if things go haywire.
    Here in IL we can do private (secret) land trusts to hold property. It provides a whole set of legal protections, but has some trade-offs, too.

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’m (obviously) not a lawyer but I’ve looked into conditions that would keep a prenup from being enforced in California as all your concerns are mine as well. I plan to follow it to a T

18. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Judges disregard prenups so often now that its ridiculous. They will toss it if it seems "unfair" (they use some other legal jargon) to one party.

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

yeah mine isn’t going to be unfair. 50/50 split that’s in her favor

20. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Massey prenup. :D