1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrucci!

Discussion in 'General' started by 27, Dec 15, 2021.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Euro reports that he’s coming to replace Baz... I met him at GPs in the CRT days... how far he progressed was spectacular!

He seems like a really good guy, like Bayliss, or all the great Americans. Hope he has fun and shines.

Triple X and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

The commentators in the season finale said he was one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. Looking forward to seeing him race here.

27 likes this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

My experience is that he genuinely is and watching his tearful last race events were heartwarming. Im 6’2” and starved to weigh right at 170 for racing, was a 240 tackle in football previously, so I can relate to his struggles, making me like him all the more.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    Blammo, Knotcher and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

the dude follows no one on social media but he follows hsbk warhorse and motoamerica

27 likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

For the record I put his win in Italy against Dovi and Marquez in their prime form right up there with Imola 02, actually above it...
    One of my all time favorite races, as the good guy underdog gets his day.

6. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

i think after Dakar he can make a public announcement

7. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Petrucci may be coming to MotoAmerica?! That would be awesome! Love that guy.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The rumor has been out for a while now; sounds like it's just about confirmed at this point.

27 likes this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I don’t know how to link it but the Ducatista site has posted that it is for sure. It’s been rumored for awhile and discussed in other threads. Also says it’ll be an Italian Corsa effort under the HSBK Warhorse banner.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Why would he want to stop playing guitar for Dream Theater?

javyday and cha0s#242 like this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m sure they can coordinate schedules... no sense in not rocking on at the same time!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I was informed by internet experts, maybe even here, that there's no way he'd be allowed to ride in MotoAmerica for Ducati, because he's riding for KTM in Dakar. So, obviously this rumor is all just lies and deception. lol

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

that was a direct quote from the man himself. but that was very early on and now it seems he is only signed for dakar and has (maybe) figured out how to do both

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember Papa addressing the Dakar and MA possibilities in the other thread.

27 likes this.
  16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I would say that nothing will be signed until Dakar is done.
    I'm sure no team wants to sign him, until he is truly done and keeps fit to do MA season.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

My Italian isn’t the best, but that’s what makes this announcement different. It’s from Italy and links him to the factory and a team of Italians, they happen to be running under the HBSK/warhorse banner. More like Ducati is coming racing MA, and bringing a motoGP race winner that has ridden everything to earn that spot.

I really hope they can get a tire that works on it for him. We all saw what Baz did on Duc compliant tires. Sucks that the only reason Danilo lost his ride in GP was tires and now his success in MA is relying on that same thing.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Dunlop will just make tires that are more Ducati compliant. Since the Ducati seems to have (hit or miss) setup troubles in WSBK ,with the Pirellis it was designed for, I don't think they will beat the Attack team for the championship. Hopefully, he can be up there competing and win some races. It is pretty cool Ducati are putting this much effort into a national SBK series.

Gorilla George, ducnut and stk0308 like this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It's not totally about developing tires for a bike, it's always been having a team that can change the bike to adapt. Because Ducati hasn't been in MA much they are behind in development. And people expect them to be perfect at every event without a history of settings so it's a tough task

And believe it or not all top level WSBK or even Motogp racers know how to set up a bike.

Miller WSBK a few years ago a top rider shagged every rear they put on the bike. So I asked a Italian coworker what's up and he said for that guy does it everywhere, why would Miller be different?

20. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I just want to see the gap closed to the Yamaha's. Possibly even a push for a occasional top spot on the podium. From a spectator point of view via LIVE it's not a very exciting race unless you focus on 3rd to 6th.