1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FINALLY...got a house!

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Only took 2.5 years or so of looking...
    Compromises were made- I didn't get the wooded acreage with no visible neighbors or the giant outbuilding, but it is a very well built place with plenty of living space and room to add a building. And while it's closer to civilization than I fantasized about, that is realistically also a plus- not a crazy commute for the wife or far from my daughter. Best of all it didn't cost a zillion bucks... only one other serious bidder at the auction and the winning bid was way under what I figured. After the house auction they auctioned off all the contents too- we got some amazing deals on high $$$ furniture and stuff, including a nice riding mower. Closing in the next week. If you wanna check it out-
    901 Walker St, Newark, OH 43055

RRP, JBall, cBJr and 3 others like this.
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Hmmmmm. You posted your address????

why????

This is most unwise.

someone here is going to send you MetalHead worthy house warming gifts at the least.

3. Tristan

The thought of packing and moving 26 years of crap is pretty daunting...at least there's no rush (other than getting the old place ready for sale)

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Congratulations!

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Congratulations!

Will there be nice bikes parked at that address in bold letters?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. Tristan

Not skeered. I also post pics of my bikes with visible plates...livin on the edge!

969, sharkattack, Shenanigans and 4 others like this.
  7. Tristan

No, just clapped out SV's

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Looks like a nice size lot and you get to be the last house on the street which is awesome. Is that considered a barn style house architecturally?

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats!!!!!

Good things come to those that wait...

10. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Not bad, a little dated but nothing some flooring, paint and a bathroom refresh can't fix.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Been on the receiving end of those myself from this place many moons ago...

12. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Congrats! Bag o' dix with hookers and blow driving white wheeled yeller Ferraries sent your way!

JBall likes this.
  13. Tristan

Dunno, looks barn-y... Original house was tiny- they about doubled the footprint and added a second story at some point. Half basement and half crawl space, all very clean and dry being up on a hill.

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What he said - congrats!

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

1) Nice garage
    2) How much air you reckon you can get hitting that jump up the driveway?

16. Tristan

All stuff I can do, but won't be right away. I HATE carpet, but most of it is nice quality and in good shape. Need glass doors on the showers sooner than later- I can't stand shower curtains.

FastByKids likes this.
  17. Tristan

Weird thing about the garage- there's no man door. Good for security I guess, but you're kinda SOL if the power goes out or the opener breaks.

Funny- the daughter of the former owners warned me to use caution going up the driveway in winter... she once slid backwards and ended up on her roof in the yard

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A. Best style roof you've ever seen!!!
    B. Price aside, of you didn't score that sweet dinner tray on the bed in negotiations, you lost your ass!

Congrats!

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I swear I've seen that house before. Did you get it exorcised?:D

[​IMG]