1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

That's all you had to say!

And robots :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

The problem with that is by the time your Audi comes in, you will not enjoy the new Audi any longer, because it is no longer a new to you experience.

Then you will already be forced to shop for a replacement.

Gorilla George and noles19 like this.
  3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I have been window shopping on what I want to buy when I get back. Got my hands on a VP9 and really liked it but it's still a tad big for what I'd want to EDC. I have a G19 out here now and it's only reaffirmed me looking at the VP9SK. If it's not something I could wear everyday then its not something I want. Any of you guys get your hands on a VP9SK and have thoughts? I do really like the paddle mag release, and of course they look cool AF, which we all know is the only real consideration to take into account when buying a gun.

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I looked specifically for the VP9-B model when shopping. I did not want to go through "learning" the muscle memory of the new-to-me paddle style of magazine release.

5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Is there a good website that list shooting competitions. Everyone I found sucks. Or could be the operator.

6. speedluvn

www.practiscore.com

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I EDC a VP9 and absolutely love it. And frankly I found the paddle didn’t take a lot of practice to become 2nd nature to me. That said, I’m still on the lookout for a new B version with the factory optic cut. Even though I’ve gotten adjusted to the paddle, I’d still rather have the B version as I’d love to get to a point where I feel I can confidently pickup almost any firearm and be relatively proficient with it. Don’t want to lose the muscle memory associated with the mag release that’s used on 90% of pistols. Even on the occasion I shoot my buddy’s g19 I find myself occasionally reaching for that paddle first.

downside is I have not yet seen a B version with the factory optic cut in person yet. It’s on HKs website and I’ve seen a few older gen VP9-Bs but no newer ones and I would eventually like to put a red dot on it. So if I’m going to upgrade, then I’m trying to be patient enough to wait for exactly the right one.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Picking up a Canik TP9-SFX on Wednesday.
    @Gorilla George which optic are you running on yours? Any tips/thoughts? This is the "big" Canik.

9. assjuice cyrus

Keep hearing and reading about these. Might have to sneak out and get one.

10. assjuice cyrus

I did find a club an hour or so from me that shoots aatch every Monday and Tuesday. I'm thinking going next Tuesday and embarrass myself.

11. speedluvn

My first competition, my goal was not to get disqualified and not be last.

I wasn’t disqualified! :beer:

It’s humbling :blart:

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So I'm finally setup down in sunny FL and have been reading up on the law (or lack of them compared to NJ :D ). One thing I was curious about is I know that SBR's are legal down here but that you have to pay additional for the tax stamp. I was curious if anyone knows, do non-NFA "other" firearms get around this in FL. For instance this has a 12.5 barrel but since it's an "other" would it get around the SBR restrictions?

https://www.dark-storm.com/dsi/ds-1...orm-ds-15-non-nfa-firearm-typhoon-5.56-black/

13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The lower can be pistol, rifle, or other. This is not the same as the NFA's "Any Other Weapon"
    The link you posted probably has the lower as "other" and is meant to be sold as a pistol.
    I'm inferring it's a pistol due to the brace (stock) that's attached.

Technically, I believe that configuration listed is in violation since adding a vertical grip (as pictured) would make it an SBR, and thus need a stamp.

IF you were to buy that, swap out the vertical grip for an angled foregrip, or remove the grip altogether.

14. Yep, I have one. Really nice gun and great ergos. With the extended mag my hand fits on it very well, probably better than almost anything.

I EDC'ed it for a while, but replaced it with something optic ready.

If they came out with a VP9-SK OSP, I would be all over it.

15. Great choice. :D

Im running the Trijicon SRO on mine.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on it. As you know, IMO it shoots better than guns twice the price.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I saw this for sale locally and it piqued my interest. Report in on how you like it :)

Jedb likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

True, but doesn't an SBR require a buttstock? This has a pistol brace. And a pistol is not meant to have a vertical foregrip. Hence why I was under the impression that this falls in between the two (SBR and pistol) and doesn't meet the criteria for either.

18. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Where in FL did you end up?

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ft Myers

omatter34 likes this.