The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Love it. Fuck Toto and fuck Hamilton.

prm and beechkingd like this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

@HPPT @Yzasserina is there a precedent for clearing out the lappers on a restart like we saw today?

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes. All of them. Not just the ones between the leading cars. That's the issue here. There was a clear intent.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That letting the lappers pass the safety car rule is the stupidest thing ever, and even stupider when the rule is applied inconsistently. Why does that rule even exist?

Pretty hilarious to watch the vids on Youtube of Toto raging and begging all race.

5. cpettit

The intent was to go racing and there was not time to get them all past. They let the ones that were relevant to the situation past and went racing with the laps that were left.

The shit call at the beginning of the race went Mercedes way. This one did not. That’s sports for ya.

Razr and Yzasserina like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bullshit. The intent was to cover their asses after Verstappen called them out on the radio.

As for the first lap, that's one of the few things they got right. Don't want someone to take a shortcut, don't push them into the shortcut.

VFR#52, BigBird, Scuba Steve and 4 others like this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Agreed.... I think it was the right call on that one. Max had no chance at making that pass cleanly, and was probably trying to damage Lewis's car.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    VFR#52 likes this.
  8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Glad Max won. Hamilton is a bitch. Proved it last year and this with his off track bullshit. Such a victim.

DrA5, beechkingd and cpettit like this.
  9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What absurd remarks. He is a 7 time world champion. And I predict he will be back stronger than ever next year. It will be an interesting challenge for him. Max and Checo and George.

The Great One, Steeltoe and racerx13 like this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

uh-huh, uh-huh, :D

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think they panicked and got overwhelmed with the situation. Which begs the question, as Race Direction, how did you not run down every conceivable outcome with two of the most competitive drivers in the sport going wheel to wheel? And how other drivers' mess ups could possibly affect that outcome? I actually had the thought pop in my head that they were flipping through the manual trying to figure out what to do... not a good look...

12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

He is. Prove me wrong. He’s a bitch that thinks he’s a victim making 50mil a year. Same Seb. Glad he lost and hope he never wins another. He’s a great driver but a punk. So fuck him. Glad he lost “the most important one” as he put it.

DrA5 likes this.
  13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lolz. You're going to be sad next year. :)

The Great One likes this.
  14. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's also not a good look when the team principal is on live coms talking about how it was going to take a miracle from the racing Gods for his driver to win. Not he has the talent, pace, car, and strategy to pull it off, but needs a fluke to get it done. In this particular context, race direction are the "Gods". It's one thing if Max was a second or two behind, but they wiped out 11 secs with a window for a tire change to the fastest compound (on top of everything else) to make it happen. Not for a race win. . .but a championship. That's also not a good look for a "champion". . .especially one trying to lay claim he rightfully unseated one of the goats to get his first trophy. If Lewis won it that way, would say the same thing. The major difference was that if he would have won today, it would have been on driver talent, pace, car and strategy. . .he needed a miracle to lose.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The Great One, VFR#52 and BigBird like this.
  16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I watched exactly 12 laps of F1 this year .. it was the last 12 laps of this race … F1 is Fucked . Never need to watch another lap of this made up championship ever again . Hope Max enjoys his phony championship.. Good riddance.

tl1098, BigBird and SuddenBraking like this.
  17. cpettit

Ridiculous. He didn’t even come close to giving back the advantage he gained by running off track. This is a race for the world championship not badmitten. There was no contact and max had the spot. In moto GP Hamilton would have received a time penalty or long lap penalty for that.

DrA5 and BHP41 like this.
  18. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

He gave the position back and didn't gain an advantage. Isn't that the precident?

Which is a stupid rule as seen on lap 1.

BigBird likes this.
  19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've been watching this sport since Jackie Stewart was behind the wheel. Shit happens.

beechkingd, mike w and cpettit like this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I hope George wins it next year.
    Good job Max.