1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA BBS Fantasy Football 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 23, 2021.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Be more interesting if papa would have done better this week:Poke::crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

This.

Playoff teams have been pretty much decided.

Paige went from on the fence in joining the league to most likely making the playoffs. Early Congrats

Motorkas, mailed it in the last few weeks o_O

Paige and dtalbott like this.
  3. noles19

Still a chance but not good ones haha

BigBird likes this.
  4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Don’t jinx me lol

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  5. noles19

All the jinxes:crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

How did you see through me :Poke: :p

Paige likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think you motherfuckers have a good understanding of how strong Paige's team is. Even in a good week (no Thursday nighters, no bye), I wouldn't have bet on myself to beat her.
    Not to mention that my winning streaks seem to be contractually capped at five games.

noles19 and dtalbott like this.
  8. noles19

Hey I beat her and I somehow have a damn losing record:(

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I beat her in our first match up too. And just like with ScottyRock, I still don't want to play her again.

dtalbott and noles19 like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Didn't he beat you? He is that slut who fucked everyone in school but turned you down. :D

That's his style, though. When he gets his ass kicked, he quits. Same with MotoGP and F1. :rolleyes:

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My inconsistency is what keeps me on my toes.

noles19 likes this.
  12. noles19

Seems like that's how it's been for everyone but papa, I had win streak/ losing streak/win streak. And lost while scoring 140+ points sometimes:crackup:

Paige likes this.
  13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

God damn Bird. Made a game of it, for sure. Fucking George Kittle went off. I was conflicted watching, he’s my favorite non-Bears player.

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Considering Kamara/Swift/Samuel were all out, i definitely did better than I thought. Your team did it's thing though and considering you made it through with all those injuries prior weeks, kudos to you. Yahoo Rocks!

Good luck to all those that are still in the hunt for the championships. I just hope to stay away from Sacko.

I play Anupe next week in the battle of the has-beens

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I honestly thought next week was just for #1 bragging rights, but your points scored is not helping you if you lose the last 2 weeks.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had already fully appraised the situation when I said this a couple of weeks ago.

17. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Would it have made you feel better (or like I was trying hard enough) if I had the most moves and waivers in the league but still had the same record as I do now? Asking for a friend. . .:D

And remind me, when I back to backed it the second year with the F1 league championship - was your view at the time that I worked my ass off for it. . .or just dumb fucking luck - only reason I ask is because it seems pretty convenient that when I beat you, there's no real work involved. . .but when I lose to you, there's no real work involved. . .:moon:

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Finally smoked you out. :crackup:

And don't try to rewrite history: I said first year is beginner's luck. And it is a fact that you quit putting drivers on your team the first time you got your ass kicked and didn't even finish that season. And you haven't shown up since. "Ooh, I missed the sign-up thread…" :Poke:

I'd be willing to bet that you let your MotoGP predictions ride week-to-week without a change from the second half of the season. :moon: :D

20. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

And I'm glad you did or else I would have missed Toe's return. . .:bow:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that first year's beginners luck was also deemed a flaw in the system. . .so much so that it was decided that it was too difficult to come back from, say, someone being "Haas'd", so the format had to change to give people a fighting chance if they got jacked early on. . .and when I got jacked the third season, what format did we switch back to using?:Poke: I did miss the sign up, but I wont miss next year's when all the cars change, the dollar caps are in place. . .and GR is in a Merc:D.

And you'd bet wrong:moon: - Sapsis has the logs - him and I were neck and neck all season - so much so that I floated to him a side bet for next year just for the two of us. Only race I let ride was Valencia (because by then, the top three were basically set and I had no chance getting in there). The last two seasons have been absolute lunacy - last year, I did let it ride for 4 weeks in a row (but it was actually a strategy and I won doing it. . .twice). . .such is life when Mir is crowned champion in a Covid/MM less season. . .:D

My team sucks, and given the massive amounts of moves (as well as the fantasy football knowledge of some of the others down in cellar making those moves) not really seeing what could have been done to change that. . .lord knows they've tried. . .:p