1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I am loving it. The strategery and WTF and Days of Our Lives. And how these drivers make lightning quick decisions at incredible speed and the teams and race direction are all like derp, hhhaaaahahhaaaaa...

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Horrible camera work on the last lap wtf

BigBird, tiggen and Yzasserina like this.
  3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Who wants to bet Max takes Lewis out in T1 next race, wins championship?

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Isn't it 7-6 in favor of Ham? Wrecking him won't help.

What they need to do is hold a parade before the start of the first race of the season. Have clowns and ponies and elephants. Put Lew on a float with a big gold chair and anoint him as that seasons champ, then get on with the racing. That's what F1 has become.

DrA5 likes this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

In five days. I am happy with either of them, both worthy. The mental fatigue they must have suffered through those I forgot how many restarts, nevermind the physical labor, was insane. I root for the sport. Honestly I thought
    Hamilton dragging ass behind the safety car was some bullshit, and I would have as a result called it a draw on that restart.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's what I expect to happen.

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

This.

HAM was called the LOAT, Luckiest of all time. But he is also the MPOAT. Most privileged of all time. Never not in a winning car/team, and in his history, I can only think of one call that went against him. Spa about 8 years ago or so when he missed the chicane and got like a 20 sec penalty. Otherwise, they really do go out of their way to give him every opportunity to win.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have yet to see them ask him which penalty he would prefer.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh enough with that. Do you think he's in the best car because he is not up to maximizing its potential? Lolz. See you gents in five days!

10. tiggen

I actually don't know, just going off what Brundle said.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

9-8 in favor of Verstappen.

12. tiggen

Also, was Senna's quote that all the squids love to retweet said in an interview about his move on Prost? Or was it a different context?

Was it in the movie Senna that Stewart said Senna later apologized to him for making the statement? Or am I just making stuff up?

13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Yea foreal... its almost like you have selective amnesia about all the seasons where he lost to Vettel and Alonso and are retarded, but go on...

BigBird likes this.
  14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Reading the article on motor sports.com about the race was so much less emotional than reading here. :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Max out here actually making me pull for Hamilton

BigBird and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  17. tiggen

Well, if Hamiltin is the LOAT and the MPOAT, I guess that makes Rosberg the GOAT, since he beat Hamitlon in equal equipment.

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

One more thought about the race: I think that every time a car breaks a wing or other aerodynamic part and keeps setting lap records, the team needs to have their R&D budget reduced because obviously, they don't understand the concept of diminishing returns and that's why F1 is so expensive.

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Once, Hamilton felt bad for him and knew he would retire so he could make commercials with his father.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

LH44

Suck it down bishes

BigBird and tiggen like this.