1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't follow F1 anymore but Williams was the evil empire of F1 in the 90s. Him and Patrick Head were a force to be reckoned with.

I know the family sold the team couple years ago but this is a end of an era.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Wow now there’s a new concept, single file racing. You would think with the oceans of cash over there they could have built an actual race track.

BigBird likes this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Wide-angle cameras make objects look really far away... so how narrow is this track?

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

All lined up for most of the race to be run under a safety car.

6. stangmx13

I could definitely see the title being decided at turn 1 when neither Max or Lewis yield.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

It’s a Tilke designed track, that tells you exactly how shitty it will be to race on…yet he’s crowing that since it’s an average of 80% throttle for the whole race, he’s giving fans what they’ve been begging for. Fuck off! If I want to see high speed straight line racing, I’d go to an NHRA race. Not a single fan in the world would choose high speed follow the leader over passes for the lead on the track!

BigBird likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

So basically you finish the race where you qualify...what fun

Seen wider roads in NYC side street with cars doubled parked In a one way

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

What’s the over/under on safety cars? 3?

looks ridiculously narrow for a “world class” track.

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’ve been watching the DTS series on Netflix this past week after not watching F1 since about 2016.

The show is quite good and I’m enjoying it, but man do the cars look absolutely huge on track. Hopefully the 2022 regs result in a smaller footprint so there can be more competitive racing.

11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

All I could think of while watching that vid was Jim Carry screaming "ride the snaaaake!!"

snake.jpeg

12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I'll take the over.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

:stupid: On Fp2. Yikes.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Leclerc. Thump. This is... sketch...

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

It's going to suck if a BS crash decides the championship.

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. stangmx13

Well, the first day went better than I expected. But I still don't have enough imagination to see how this race is going to be good, especially if Lewis starts on pole. Maybe flags during QP will ruin some hot laps and mix up the grid.

The 2022 cars will be the same width and a tiny bit shorter, maybe 10cm. They may look smaller because of the wing design changes and the lack of bargeboards.

The racing will probably change a lot because of the new aero and new tires. But everyone is just guessing and hoping it will be for the better. We'll find out next year.

17. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Insane “blind” speeds with the fast sweepers on the street circuit.

How crazy is it that Jeddah is merely a place holder for the new circuit they plan on building?!?!

2023-24 it seems.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Attached Files:

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

FP3. Race Director needs to step on some necks regarding trawling around or Qually is going to be a bloodbath.

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I still can't get my head around an F1 car going 30 mph into the last turn on the out lap to a fast qualifying lap is better than going through it at racing speed.

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Holy shit. Max. Gggggaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Come on, now! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....