1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Listening to gregs garage podcast, it looks like Petrucci may be coming over but we may have to wait until the dakar is completed before its announced.

418 likes this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

Sounds like Hayes is coming back for the 200.

3. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Wonder if that means Hayes will be the Superbike rider along side Gange?

svracer22 likes this.
  4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I doubt it. He's got 2 young kids and wifey is working in the paddock.

5. koth442

While I like Josh, I don't actually want him to come back on this bike. I'd rather see a newer face.

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Agree, he is a great racer and person but id love to seat go to someone up and coming racer or someone from an overseas series.

7. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yall done fucked up. Knowing damn good and well ole Kurt Hayes is lurking! I would love to see the old man get back in the saddle. Hell I would put money on him to be a top 3 in the 200. Yall can write him off, but not me.

10. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

So that's a bass-ackwards statement....so you don't support promoting from within and reward the guys that have worked up thru the ranks here in 'Merica ?

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Josh, I'd love to see you back in the series at whatever level you wanted, but didn't you yourself claim you were feeling physically unfit to compete at those race distances? I thought I read that in an interview of you a couple years ago.

Mike Lafayette likes this.
  12. koth442

I'll be surprised if he isn't in the top 3 at Daytona. But I stand by what I said knowing full well Hayes was lurking.

13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I’ll net he’d still beat most of the ‘newer faces.’ ;)

Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That would be a great business decision for some team. I would for sure put an unknown kid or someone from a different country on my team instead of one of the best known and well liked racers. I wonder who would be the best sell for sponsors? For sure bring in a up and comer if you are planning on building their career and you are a team well known for that (M4), but that had better be your business model and well known for the team sponsors. Bring in a foreign rider if that is what your Mfg (Ducati) is paying for, but otherwise, I think Josh Hayes would be a good choice.

Gorilla George and RRP like this.
  15. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

The future is bright. In about five years when a few of these American rippers start coming home from Europe, LOOK OUT!

16. koth442

I bet he would too, but that's not the point. I want to see newer faces come up through MA and graduate onto the world stage. Josh a great guy and a fantastic racer, but he's not going to WSBK or Moto2 / GP in a few years.

Now, if you ask me which newer face I'd like to see, I don't have an answer. So if you want to put me on blast for something, that's a good choice.

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I would like to see good racing, which means I would like to see the most capable racers on the bikes. Right now there are about 8 racers in superbike that can get a podium on any given weekend. I would like to see more, and Josh Hayes is somebody without a current ride that could do it. I think PJ is another one.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Gagne and Hayes on the SBK.... Stanboli and Mama-Yama lobbies MotoA to allow the FJR1300 in the bagger class with K. Wyman.... done !! :rock:

19. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm not Josh Hayes but I did stay at Holiday Inn last night...

I think he was referencing to the fact that he was juggling being a riders coach and then having to race. He wasn't just able to concentrate 100% on racing and his fitness.

He was definitely one of the fittest riders in the paddock when he was racing a SBK full time.

20. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

Yes, I definitely struggled fitness-wise as a part time Supersport racer/coach/husband/father. I would still have most of those jobs, but I think I could solve the fitness issue as a full-time athlete with a clear job to do. I’m only poking. I understand that it’s hard to take a 47 yr old seriously in that position. I would even speak AGAINST it if it wasn’t me. But as a late bloomer in this sport, who made it (relative), I would find much joy in proving the world (and myself!) wrong! And I believe I could!!