1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Stick cookware sets?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The Scanpan stuff is nice, even though it’s Danish and offends my northern Viking senses. Expensive, yes - but worth the price of admission.

2. Benmont

Benmont Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  3. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Coincidentally I just bought a set of All Clad copper core pots/pans for my wife. Reviews seemed good, and I didn't want anything with a chemical non-stick coating on it. Look nice, but dear lord almighty they are expensive. She better cook like a Parisian chef with these bitches.

4. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

BigBird and Bruce like this.
  5. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

I’ve yet to figure out the right temperature to cook eggs in All Clad SS without it becoming an absolute chore to clean the pans afterwards. Finally just broke down and ordered their non-stick skillet to cook them on.

6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

You probably need more oil in the pan, and (generally) lower heat. Also want the pan to be hot before you add any oil, let the oil quickly coat the pan, and then add the eggs right away. It takes some practice, but totally doable. Most people try to rush through cooking things which is where most of the problems get started.

BigBird, Montoya and Yzasserina like this.
  7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Ok , I'm in got all new all clad on the boat, they suck warped 2 pans, bought one of these ninja pans just because I needed a medium size saute pan and sure as shit it just works for 1/2 the price

BigBird likes this.
  8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I’ve used most of the brands you’d buy at department stores excluding all-clad and these have been the best so far. I want to say they were the ultimate line. They heat up quickly, evenly, and not a mark on them after 4 years or so of use. Like others have mentioned, I bought 3 pans and wouldn’t need a whole set.

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm on an induction stove top so when I set it on max boil nonstick pans tend to not like heating up at warp speed, like to build a little bubble in the middle, shame for 150 dollar pans

10. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Agreed. Only pay for what you need. :D

upload_2021-12-1_22-39-2.png

rd400racer likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Julia Child's kitchen in Cambridge, you don't see any sets of pans, they're all sizes and designs. Her kitchen was not at all fancy.
    Neither was she, actually. She did have a few nice copper pans, mostly larger pans.
    Not many gadgets in her kitchen either.

4899766123_f092fc946e_b-e1494969903192.jpg

Once a Wanker.. and Sabre699 like this.
  12. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eggs take way lower heat than most people would think. If they're coming out with any brown at all you're doing it too hot, also more slippery stuff than you think as well.

Granted I use non stick for them even if I know how to do it in the other skillets :D

Montoya likes this.
  15. njracer

This deal got even better. Downloaded the app and found out that in addition to the $50 gift card (4 to 6 week wait), I also earned $100 of "my funds" to use as soon as my item is delivered! Looks like I'll pick up a new knife or two!

16. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Good old fashioned iron skillet. Once you figure them out they’re as non stick as anything out there and they last forever

17. njracer

So BBB canceled my order on the day it was supposed to arrive. So I decided to go with this set and the manager knocked $50 off the price and I also received a $50 gift card at the checkout. In addition, that set also came with an 8 piece steak knife set.

Oh yeah, I also got to keep the 4.5qt Calfalon stock pot from the original order so I'm quite happy.

18. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

Good deal!

19. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Had both Calphalon and All Clad. All Clad is better. I will agree with others, you dont need all non stick. You only really 'need' it on a few items, 8", 10" 12" pans, 8" pot; max. If you dont cook much they are helpful. If you cook a lot, carbon steel. The majority of my next new will be carbon steel, keeping my cast iron, my creuset, and my big pots, the rest of my current set is throw away, the all clad with the x, would be keepers.

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'm in the process of seasoning a new carbon steel wok. Yep, this half-Redneck that is clueless about cooking will attempt to create Kung Pao Chicken at home for the very first time.

upload_2021-12-5_17-12-1.png