1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA BBS Fantasy Football 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 23, 2021.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You really believe all that shit?

BigBird and FastByKids like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was accepting of my fate after Sundays games and being a dumbass using Atlanta defense over Cleveland along with Arnold getting injured - then I checked like halfway through last night and got hopeful...and then shot down :crackup:

I can't believe it came down to 1.2 points.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

It was actually Papa that had him first and dropped him and I went through a few bad weeks with him and was like nope. Well glad I can be of service :oops:

FastByKids and dtalbott like this.
  4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

ABSOLUETLY!

Yahoo's arithmetic algorithms have evolved very impressively. Seems like the only thing that can't be factored are injuries and this year that ugly word that begins with C.

If you aren't using it as a tool to dissect your opponents lineup then you need to up your game. :beer:

Don't worry, every time I have a good FF run seems like the stars align that snatches victory away. Then you guys can pile on on how much smack I talked to finish third or fourth. :crackup:

[​IMG]

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You can still finish 6th.

6. dtalbott

I'm curious.

How does dissecting your opponent's lineup have anything to do with your lineup?

How does any opponent affect how your team does?

7. FastByKids

Last week I was going against Heinicke. I've been riding Brady all season long. So I wanted to see how the two compared the last few weeks. Brady was actually LOWER than Heinicke. However Rodgers (on my Bench) was actually trending significantly high than both of them.

This is the same tool on how I found Mooney, but I used the "Reception" over the last four weeks to spot any trends. This guy was significantly higher and wasn't rostered.

I do this this against every player I'm going against. Seems time consuming however after a couple weeks it gets quicker and you can always put the best players forward.

Notice how I seldom complain about points I left on the bench?

[​IMG]

8. FastByKids

Tsk Tsk, I don't need your negative energy!

9. dtalbott

So you do all that to decide which of the two QB'S on your roster to start?

What the hell does your opponent's QB have to do with that?

10. FastByKids

You play to your opponents roster for the best outcome. Although the predictive points for the week is a tool, trends and past four weeks performance should be major factors.

I'm just trying to help you. I'm sure your opponents are doing the same as I.

11. dtalbott

Your opponent's roster has nothing to do with it. You try to put together a roster of available players that will score the highest number of points. If your roster puts up more points than your opponent's choices, you win.

12. FastByKids

Ok, so how is that working out for you thus far? :whoosh:

13. dtalbott

Luck has not been good this year, but at least I'm not trying to pretend that this is a skill-based game.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:confused:???

dtalbott likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's not good at 'splainin it but the net result is you still play your best bets to get points. They're arguing over nothing saying the same thing.

16. FastByKids

Making calculated decisions on statistics and information is a skill. Apparently some better at it than others.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looking at totals given to you by Yahoo isn't all that skillful :crackup:

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The only way your opponent factors into your decisions is when you're facing a situation in which you are considering dropping someone and getting a replacement in the open market. For instance, if you're playing a really weak team, you may decide not to pick up a kicker or a defense even though yours is on a bye week.

But if you're not in a situation where you're thinking of acquiring players, your opponent is absolutely irrelevant to the lineup you choose in a given week. You prefer maximum points every week.

That said, I want to thank FBK for using his analytical strategy the week I played him.

dtalbott likes this.
  19. FastByKids

Well, you still have to read the news daily. Who's injured beyond the skill players. Domed or outside, weather, the dreaded C list etc.

Why would I reinvent the statistical wheel yahoo has created? Use it as a tool---if you have the skill. :crackup:

20. dtalbott

Until you can find out if your hot receiver has pissed off his QB before a game, the data doesn't mean much.