1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Beer Thread V2

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Jun 2, 2020.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Rode motorcycles in VT for a week a few months ago. dual sport route a buddy put together.

Gotta admit, the beers I had there were some of the best I've had. Yes I'm an IPA drinker, and had tried Heady Topper in the past but the beers from Lawsons Finest, literally were some of the best I've ever had including my own brews. Sip of Sunshine started it, but after I made a detour to the brewery, the Double Sunshine and Triple Sunshine were just... better.

If anyone lives anywhere near their distribution and is headed south thru ATL any time, I'd be glad to pay for some deliveries and meet along your route. :)

Attached Files:

Once a Wanker.. and cpettit like this.
  3. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, that was what caught my eye.

Once a Wanker.. and Sabre699 like this.
  4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

5. ton

ton Arf!

Pretty much my take on it as well. But, I live spitting distance from the Vista location now and really enjoyed sampling a few of their beers and hanging out in the outdoor dog friendly bar area.

6. socalrider

the downtown restaurant? used to love that place when i still lived in north county.

7. ton

ton Arf!

Yes, the “downtown” Vista location. Really cool place. And generally I thought high quality beers.

As a side note, it’s crazy how many breweries there are in North County now!

8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I typically only buy Lagunitas Little Sumpin'. All out today :/

Had to settle for this..
    . KIMG0036.JPG

gt#179, cpettit and ton like this.
  9. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Been about 10 years since I last had it. It's supposed to be easier to get these days.

[​IMG]

gt#179 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. ton

ton Arf!

I’m about to go have me a Pliny on tap. And maybe a couple other Russian River’s with a burger. Yum

gt#179, Once a Wanker.. and cpettit like this.
  11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Pliny (pronounced "Plinny" for those curious in accuracy) has become easy to get both bottled and draft since they built the new brewhouse. I am not a a big fan of of double IPAs (or hazy anything IPAs of which hazy double and triples are becoming ridiculously fashionable). Pliny is straight up tasty, and a good degree of its excellence is the malt backbone.

gt#179 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'm drinking the stone hazy ipa right now. Not bad at all. Been drinking the Lagunitas Supercluster and Bells Lager of the Lakes this week too. Been working with Lagunitas a good bit lately so i've been getting my fill of Pliny when in town there.

13. socalrider

You at Churchill's in San Marcos?

14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Looks tasty!!

15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Beer is great but always on the back burner of a good rum for me, paid for it tonight, a double pyrat xo and coke and 1/2 a dozen oysters for 40 bucks. Split between warm water and cold water oysters, as a chef no difference in taste, it's an oyster, same as bacon, there is better bacon, but it's still bacon

16. ton

ton Arf!

Carlsbad Brewing Company. Though i didn't realize they were closed on Monday. So, Pizza Port Bressi Ranch it is. I shall avenge this catastrophe tomorrow...

(i just moved here a few months ago... i'll check Churchills. thanks)

17. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

[​IMG]
    My IPA 'pantry' currently. The Hopsecutioner is my daily go-to beer. Been on sale at Kroger for over a year now.

18. jdaniel

jdaniel Well-Known Member

My opinion, I can't brew a beer that tastes good so I am going to throw a ton of Cascade hops into it and call it an IPA. With that being said Faubourg brewery in New Orleans does a satsuma IPA that isn't bad. Their dark lager called Blackened Voodoo is my current favorite. I have noticed a dark lager trend going around the breweries here in the south.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We were up there in 2019. Of course my daughters fiancee had to visit The Alchemist. I could hardly stand the smell of the place, but he came home with the same cases of beer you show. I had much more fun at the Von Trapp brewery. They had normal German beers there. I came home with a few cases of Helles myself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gt#179 and Senna like this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I had 2021 BCBS over the holiday this weekend. The molasses and plum taste was pretty overbearing. I much prefer the balance of Founder’s KBS.

cpettit likes this.