1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you pay the heated seats bill?

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I run mine for a few minutes then turn it off. Just need to take the chill off so the joints don't ache.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doing that shit is why my hands ache when cold now :crackup:

beac83 likes this.
  3. :stupid:

Mine gets too hot also. I can’t leave it on.

I have a routine where I use the app on my phone to start it and turn on the steering wheel. Then when I climb in I turn the steering wheel off, turn off the Auto-Off/Start bullshit, and put the car in Dynamic mode.

By the time I get in it is plenty hot enough.

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I got tired of that REAL fast and instead installed a dongle that makes the car start automatically with that disabled.

I’d assume they have one for your vehicle as well (was like 100 bucks and took five minutes to install).

5. I haven’t felt the need to modify anything. It takes less than one second to turn it off.

I always drive with the car in “Dynamic” mode, so I have to reach down there anyway. I just press the Flag button (Dynamic), then press the “A” button. That switches off the Auto Stop/Start bullshit permanently (until I turn the car off once I’ve arrived somewhere; when k start it again I push it again).

Putting it in Dynamic mode automatically opens the Exhaust Bypass valve (straight pipes FTW :D). So I don’t have to press that button (unless I want it quieter).

You have to overlook the G43x, it’s the only console picture I have. :D

5641D7AB-B7C6-44F3-B6FC-39525441EB3B.jpeg

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So you want ALL the buttons but you're glad you only have to press one to get going? :Poke:

Anyway, you should consider his hack anyway. Then you would get to say "my dongle." We both know you want more opportunities to say that.

7. Yeah because I just like all the buttons and lights. I don’t care what they do, or if I even need them. I just like them. :D

“My dongle” :crackup:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Been driving the Audi on and off for the last few weeks and as hard as it is to admit, I kinda hate it.

Drove a crap level Hyundai while in Dallas and for as crappy as it was I almost preferred it to the Audi.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. Why do you hate it?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Want to turn off the auto/ on permanently? Scroll through 15 menus on the MMI. The Nav is a pain in the dick to use. Want to just start the damn thing? Do this, push this, pull that, push this button.

Really, it's I'm too lazy to sit down and spend the hours it takes to learn to do shit that should just be a button.

It's an applewatch when I want a Rolex GMT.

Sweatypants likes this.
  11. Well shit. That doesn’t fill me with confidence.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

but Sam absolutely loves it so I think I'm just turning into a grumpy old f@cker. :D

crashman and Gorilla George like this.
  13. I fucking HATE that auto stop/start bullshit. I’ll be pissed if I have to scroll through a bunch of menus and shit to turn it off every time.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It has an off button but it resets to on everytime you turn off the car. You can turn it off off in the menus but that's stupid and backwards. You should have to turn it on with all that scrolling shit.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You can probably turn it off permanently with a VCDS if you have one.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have access to one but meh. There are some options I'd like to do with it but I'm just not feeling like dicking around.

Almost every car I've modded has actually made the car worse. Giant slotted and drilled rotors? Noisey, they can crack and they glaze over under hard breaking (not to mention it cooks the brake fluid). Cat back? These suck on the highway and my hearing is bad enough already. Stiffer and lowered suspension? Cool on pool table flat surfaces but who wants to be chucked around the car when you're driving up in PA and their roads?

Only mod that I ever did that was an improvement was done through Audi on my A3 5 door and on the DSG. Hold the paddles in and run it to almost redline, release and it'd blip and shift hard into next gear. This wasn't on all the time and was easy to turn on and off when in sport mode. That was cool and was actually something available on the stock S3 5 door in europe at the time.

17. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:crackup:Ignore the man behind the green curtain syndrome :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Good. Good. Let the hate flow through you.

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Mine is just a button in the Merc, but there's no disable. Its so fuckin dumb. Fake ass way to get their mpg numbers up.

I was thinking about this the other night after I posted, like... is this literally getting old in real time? Like, you thought your parents were old, they didn't get some new gadget you had growing up... but then part of me thinks, maybe its not getting old, maybe there just comes a certain point in life where you can be content with what you have or what your "things" can do and say, ok this is good enough for me I don't need any more. Maybe i dunno. I daily drove a car for 10 years with no AC, half an interior, 2 speakers, no wiper fluid, no muffler, no cat, no front turn signals, no ABS or TC, no nav, no heat in the race buckets... and outside of sweating in summer traffic it was just so much fun to drive all the time. I don't need my car to be a spa. I dunno man... I feel like we're losing the plot sometimes.

crashman and BigBird like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Auto/Off in a VW/Audi can usually also be turned off using OBDEleven.

They have programs that will do all the coding changes, so you don't even have to look them up.

Like some of my faves are ability to lock the door with the remote after the car is running and I'm outside, save my heated seat setting from the last time I was in the car, ability to control traction control to fully off, take off the soundkator (fake engine noise), and a host of other things.

Phl218 and SuddenBraking like this.