1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death of MotoGP as We Know It?

Discussion in 'General' started by FastByKids, Nov 24, 2021.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have a couple of #1 plates from that around here somewhere

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Its a house of ideas built on the foundation of complete bullshit. Maybe the result of millions of dollars worth of research and engineering is a $38 per gallon green fuel that produces
    I hate to be the one to break it to you, but some people still do that. And I would bet the farm that horse racing and its support produces 10 times the (insert bad elements here) than anything that the awakened Dorna could ever hope to expel.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

That reminds me I need to get to the dog races sooner than later before it goes extinct

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I didn’t read the entire article but from some of the posts here, it sounds like the teams will be sourcing their own fuel?

But even if it is a spec fuel, you’re talking about a major change that some teams will adapt well to and others won’t. I think consistency in a rules package is a major contributor to parity.

5. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Development of the future Moto GP fuel has been in full swing for a while now somewhere in West Virginia / Kentucky mountains!

StaccatoFan and Robin172 like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Are we going to see the first steam-powered mini-nuke generated MotoGP bike? Will the corner workers all be fitted with Geiger counters and lead lines whites?

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Mr Fusion

cha0s#242 and pickled egg like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Several suppliers are working on it. Elf is 70% ready. Shell is at about 40%.

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Hell yes!

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

VP has had synthetic fuels since the beginning of time. This is just feel good propaganda for the asses.

tl1098 and Gorilla George like this.
  12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Hybrid is def the beginning of the end for F1

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Weren't the Germans converting coal to synthetic fuel back in the 1920s and really kicked in production during WWII?

Maybe they'll go hydrogen?

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My turkey breasts are almost done on my pellet grill. So, we can use the leftover pellets for about 2 laps I think.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And Motogp started dying when the 2 strokes were replaced

Kev59 likes this.
  16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Indeed, the past seasons are prime examples of their death. They've met their maker. Flat lined they have....

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and the Spanish and French space programs ended at the same time. The 500s launched enough euros into space that they never needed to perfect rockets or train astronauts.

"Heyah, we just bounce the TV signal off of Sarron, he won't land again for days and we save Millions!"

ChemGuy likes this.
  18. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I thought they were looking into synthetic fuels and two strokes and it was the cleanest burning?

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They were.

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yes ... that how they were able to fly non stop to Hawaii to bomb Pearl Harbor and drag us into World War 2 ...

R Acree likes this.