1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Been listening to Negro Terror quite bit lately.

and a lot of Jawbreaker again.

2. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Eric Burdon Declares WAR!

and Zappa's One Size Fits All

3. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Been listening to Jim Croce Next Steps playlist in iTunes. I really like him. Damn shame he’s gone. I bet he would’ve continued to put out fantastic stuff.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

No sarcasm. He did get an indecency charge, but he wasn't "cancelled" and stayed with the band.

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hank Mobley Soul Station. Some of the finest hard bop to be found, from the year of my birth. Mobley never went "big" like his more famous contemporaries (Coltrane, Rollins) but he has the sweetest warm and lyrical tone (to me, anyway) of almost any sax player of that era. The album has both standards and swingin' blues cuts. Perfect for prep work in the kitchen, which just so happens to be in the same great room as my stereo. Good eatin' , everyone.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

By far my favorite Zappa album! I had a girlfriend named Evelyn when it came out. She hated "that" song.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  7. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Solid. Almost perfect beats for chopping and dicing.

8. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I named my race bike after that song. Then did bunches of work on it and renamed her Evelyn The Dog Having Undergone Further Modifications.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Kid Rock - We the People

;)

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Kid Rock is one of the "artists" I truely despise. His entire fucking career is based on dancing like an idiot in front of other people's music and yelling insipid drivel over it. Fuck that idiot.

eggfooyoung, pickled egg and Ian178 like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ain’t nothing good come outta Detroilet since George Clinton

12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Gloves dropped!!

britx303 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Say what you want about Detroit but those Michigan geeetarists have a sound like no one else can replicate. They rock your lame world.

no idea on who some of the bands my kid is listening to but there’s some great shit in what she’s listening to.

Can’t wait for UltraBomb to release their debut album. Gonna be kick ass from what I’ve heard so far. :)

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

My go-to lifting music lately has been back and forth mix of Jesus and Mary Chain, and a whole lot of Mazzy Star/Hope Sandoval. LOVE me some Hope!!!

15. britx303

Is that the band that did a Skrewdriver cover? I think that popped up on my utoob feed and was like WTF:crackup:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They might have. And if they did there’s Something really kick ass about an all black trio (lead by a 300 lber) taking away a skrewdriver song away from them. :crackup:

17. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Isolated guitar tracks from EVH.

18. britx303

Naaah, there were a few bands like that here in DC late 80-90s. But they didn’t do the covers as satire……. That’s the weird part. Whatever…….moving on:D

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I made the kids I worked with Sunday morning listen to a mix of Bad Brains, Soia and slayer. Hijacked the Bluetooth speaker and until the got the drill right. . . Sick of it all. Shit, I even showed them a lawn mower and a picking up change or two. :D

20. britx303

I parted ways with HC when bands like Sick of it All and that lawnmowing became the thing……..assuming that’s what your talking about :crackup: No more good stuff like slam-dancing but instead everybody in a circle watching dudes act like they were starting a lawnmower=NO!!!:D

21. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Robben Ford

L8RSK8R likes this.