1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021-2022 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 17, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

motion likes this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

10th title.....So you're saying there's a chance.......:D

motion, GM GIXXER, noles19 and 2 others like this.
  3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Don’t count your bunnies before they hatch.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Testing started today in Jerez.

No Rossi. :D

5. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

From the couch:

GP- The Ducati's are bringing the rain next year and it seems only quarterpounder will be able to contest them. I hope Franky heals up and summons his 2020 self, now on factory equipment. Excited to see the TECH3 team, my guess is if the boys do well, Olivera is losing the seat. Binder's going to bomb someone, hard.

Moto2- I'm just happy to see Cam B's progression in the final stages of the season. I think having SDK as a teammate will help as well. Acosta seems a bit too frail to be on the moto 2 bike.

Moto3- Foggia's taking that shit next year.. The dude is just flat out good.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

If Marquez can see straight, I think he'll still be a contender.

MotoGP - MM93, Bagnaia, Quattro, dark horse Martin

Moto2 - Acosta all Day

Moto3 - Close racing is all I want to see.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I bet he races again after that

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who races again and after what?

9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he's referring to MM93 and "after that" is in reference to his recent concussion that damaged his optic nerve again and left him with double vision, again.

10. 88/532

22’ depends on what Yamaha and Honda bring to the table bike wise. Ducati has the bike and riders to win every race….8 on the grid to boot. 22’ could very well be the Ducati Cup.

11. noles19

My bad didn't quote it.
    Rossi after riding the Ducati I think he'll regret not racing next year on his own team.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also don't forget MM93 won the last two races he was in, so I won't rule him out, even as you say it's basically DucatiGP

13. noles19

Its going to depend on if and how he heals really. And how his arm progresses also, because both his wins were on similar tracks and he was still in massive pain after.
    If Honda gives him a bike that doesn't have to be ridden right on the edge every lap and his eyes are okay then he will probably win a few races but I'm not sure he'll be in the championship hunt.

14. 88/532

MM93 won his last race because of Ducati’s bad tire choice, and they crashed. He had nothing for them till those crashes.

15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I can't believe so many of you are sleeping on Morbidelli. It was only a year ago that he damn near took the title on a legitimate satellite bike. He's been riding ultra conservatively since returning from his surgery; I don't think he's recorded a single crash since being in the factory team. I think he's going to annoy a lot of people on the grid, especially the dude across the garage from him, when he's back to full fitness and riding with confidence again.

lopitt85, Circacee, Blammo and 5 others like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know, I think the eye/ brain injury could be worse then his arm injury (which was massive).

I've got a bad feeling about this.

17. noles19

Same here.
    I think there's a decent chance he never rides again, that was the point he was at the first time it happened.

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

:stupid:'s.

He won't even win his own garage.

2blueYam likes this.
  19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I don't see that happening. I think he will miss it, of course, but, I personally don't believe he'll necessarily regret not riding. I believe he has mentally committed, 100%, to beginning the rest of his life in racing under a different role.

bullockcm and BigBird like this.
  20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yep, it will be the typically rude welcome to the meat grinder class for Mr. Acosta. Spec motor 765s are a long way from 250 singles.

SuddenBraking likes this.