1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll admit I know nothing about Zhou. Any potential there or is he another Mazepin?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He has been better than Mazepin, in my opinion. Even in good, on occasion. But he was never one of those guys who arrive in GP2/F2 and you already know they are only going to be there for one season.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Giovinazzi is forgettable. Has he had a single memorable drive the entire time he was in F1?

4. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

No, but in his defense his car is shit and his teammate was a champ (once upon a time). I wouldn't put him in the Massivespin or Tsunoda pile, or the Russell/Verstappen pile either. Bottas/Gasly pile is where he probably belongs.

Yzasserina likes this.
  5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Or maybe Verstappen touching it moved slightly. Interesting the only side he appeared to inspect and touch was the one that was out

Well I wouldn’t be surprised if he brought a little Yuan to the table

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Someone else to yell "F U Cheater" to? Face it, you really don't want to see Hamilton have (much) competition...

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

GTFO If you think what Verstappen did and has done using his car as a battering ram is “competition” you should just stick to NASCAR.

Yes I’ve been a Hamilton fan since he was poking at Alonso his rookie year at McLaren but me wanting to see Russel in the same car as Hamilton is my hope that Hamilton will be pushed. With all the car changes next year it’s possible the Merc is again heads and tails above everyone else and Russel has shown his talent. You are smoking crack if you don’t think Russel is a legit contender in the Merc and I’m looking forward to his battles with Hamilton. Verstappen on the other hand can EAD as well as you

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I really wasn't really referring to the Verstappen incident directly (although I pulled that quote for an example), just the general "Hamilton and no one else" attitude I see in your prior posts. As your friendly "I can EAD" response shows.

I appreciate that you are a fan (I don't dislike Hamilton), but blind "fanboy-ism" gets tiresome. You want to see Russell "push" Hamilton, but only if Hamilton ends up winning. You were (probably) among the legions who screamed "favoritism" when Nico Rosberg won his championship.

I'm sure you don't think Hamilton *ever* does the same things as Verstappen (as he did regularly to his teammate in that Nico season).

Your "Verstappen touched that side of the wing" post and long-winded exoneration of Lewis putting Max in the wall shows the extent you will go to show that Lewis is always right.

I was always a fan of Micheal Schumacher, but definitely recognized his warts too. And I was occasionally disappointed by them.

I was just saying that, while the convoluted conspiracy theory angle of them is occasionally enjoyable, it would be nice to see a response that wasn't always so predictable.

Yzasserina and rd400racer like this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You should be ashamed of hanging out on whatever website you found those "facts" on. You're supposed to be knowledgeable on F1, man. :crackup:

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Couldn't help myself:D And I don't dislike Lew, I'm just busing balls a bit. Pretty easy to find, just Google "Lewis Hamilton negative memes". There's a boatload. I didn't dare touch some of the really cruel ones.

HPPT likes this.
  12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I love the Verstappen bent the wing. Apparently he has more strength in his little pinky than 200mph worth of downforce.

mitch100 and tiggen like this.
  13. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Russel's first time in the Merc proved he is a phenomenal driver who's talents are being limited by the car he's in. He's probably one of the last drivers on the grid Lewis wants as a teammate. I don't like or dislike Lewis, (although I really wish he would cut the whole woke, political try to please everybody bullshit out) but he is a good driver, anyone that tries to claim any different is delusional. I'm not saying he's the goat, but he is good.

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Guess who just popped off a shot of Alo displayed as P1? Had to be quick! :oops::D

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Is this the round where they were all given a strict dress code?
    So Lewis is making his statement with his helmet instead.

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

HPPT likes this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm with Alo. How did this happen yesterday and they took up until a couple of hours before the race to announce their decision? :rolleyes:

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Careful and deliberate discussions?

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Maybe, but one person's careful and deliberate discussions could be perceived as dithering and lack of professionalism by others...

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

See last week where they didn't even look at all the data, on-board when Da Baby drove both of them off the track and declared no penalty, so this is an improvement.