1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Twins Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by evakat, Nov 16, 2021.

1. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

So my question is...
    Is Kawasaki coming out with a Ninja 700 for 2022???

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Because their 650 twin killed it on the track?

3. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think in the realm of RS660 if Kawasaki wants to be competitive they'll need a full reboot.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Haven't seen any rumors about that. If it's going to showcase, it would be at the EICMA show in 2 weeks.

Senna likes this.
  5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I predict it will arrive about the same time as the new Honda V4 Superbike. OK, maybe a little sooner, but only by about a year or two.

sheepofblue, noles19 and stk0308 like this.
  6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

and the new SV650....

7. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I just happen to see a Kawasaki ad that shows what might look like a sport bike still under wraps. Thought they might dump the 650 for a new 700

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Over in the UK the Kawi has been their go-to lightweight bike for a long time. I would say 85% of the twins bikes at the Isle of Man TT were Kawi 650s

Corey Bain and 5axis like this.
  9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Rumor put to bed by @DDK732 himself.
    Otherwise I'd be buying one and talk him into building & running a team with it.

10. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

Slim chance. 2022 Ninja 650 has already been launched and new Z650 RS launched with the current gen 650 motor. New Kawis remaining to be released for 2022 are (most likely) going to be the new H2 SX SE+ and the new Versys. Euro docs show that the new Versys is going to be 650 also. The model has been on a 5-6 year new model schedule since it's launch and the current gen was launched in 2017 with a refresh in 2020, so possible for 2023, but highly unlikely.

@Fasted Yamaha : The majority of the twins on the Euro road racing scene (circuit and real road) are Ninja/EX/ER 650s and have been for some time. A few have been raced in MotoA Twins and Danielle Diaz has had some success on one. Last time she was at Laguna on hers, she was less than .3 seconds off of Parish's best time...

E Reed likes this.
  11. It did kill it, didn’t the motors like to eat themselves ?

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Maybe because @G Dawg was building them. I kid I kid...

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

MA just needs to give us a 3mil piston and we’ll have a Ninja 700R :D

jd41 likes this.
  14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Um no. AFT Ninja 650's a bored 2.5 mm & stroked to make 750cc. From what I've been told they detune them from that point to avoid stretching head bolts.
    I know of 2 engine failures, one was from someone trying to race without a balancer shaft, the other was mine from abusive downshifts without a slipper.
    SV's on the other hand .......

Lack of available parts and the abundance of race ready SV's is what killed it.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I can see the blown head gaskets now. :)

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Looks like there will be a new Kawasaki for next year..
    Anything else new coming in the twins cup area?
    I thought I remembered someone mentioned KTM before

17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Looks like the rumored bump for the RC390 as a single 373cc machine up to a parallel twin 490 is finally gonna happen for next year. The bike was reworked for '22 so I'm guessing mostly just an engine upgrade and frame tweaks.