1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

man... its almost as if he literally just said what i did on page 140 haha. who woulda thought?

also its funny he's saying that after a decade of subsidies and venture cap just throwing money at his company while constantly in the red, before profitability finally showed up for his company.

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm into crypto, obviously. The gains (and losses) are just insane. I've tripled my $ over the course of half a year. Had I played my cards right, I could have been a millionaire in 5 days. However, I'm playing with fake money (the US $) just the same. My larger investments are in real and tangible items I can hold.

NFTs, I can see their value just the same as idiotic art. They are worth what elites say they are worth. Some may end up fetching millions, while the rest are sold at starving artist auctions. They are real in the digital world, as real as the bits I'm typing on this screen. Turn off the computer and they no longer exist. If the world goes to shit, they'll be worth as much as that million dollar piece of paper you have hanging on your wall. I have no NFTs, nor do I intend on buying any.

I do believe Crypto is here to stay, as long as you can send fake $ bits through an online transaction, you'll be able to with Crypto. So many places are accepting it now, it's slowly becoming a valid method of payment the world over. The simple question is, "Which one will last?"

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I couldn't imagine a new startup showing up and being profitable for at least a decade. Which brings up another point of model lifecycle. No consumer is going to buy a 10 year old model, so during that decade you have also incur more retooling and design costs for new models. It's a never ending cycle. Especially with rapidly changing technologies like electrics.

The one benefit a new company has compared to the old dinosaurs is the ability to rapidly change with emerging tech. The big 3 change direction like the evergiven in the suez canal.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't see this ending well. And I think the truck is amazing.

6. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Anyone here lucky enough to have bought Shopify in the past couple years? SHOP - up $1625 in 5 years.

Missed that wave, dammit lol.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

i wonder how many would have stayed on from the beginning

8. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Would have been a nice ride if you got in early with a boat load.

9. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Agreed. To valuate them to have a value larger than many of the traditional OEMs, is ludicrous . They have only produced a handful of vehicles

418 likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Tesla was and is still over valued. Doesn't stop the meme stockholders

11. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Difference is everyone, whether they are car people or not, have heard of Tesla and Elon. I would bet less than 1 in 10 people know of Rivian

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

IMO, that's an advantage. Especially to shareholders.

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Can't wait to see what happens Monday with Big5 (BGFV) ... either going to skyrocket to the moon, or crash harder than Marquez. :D

14. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Any thoughts on this GGPI?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

wow..rivn over $150 today...missed that boat of bad fundamentals

looks like crashing harder is the answer

16. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

This time Benjamin Graham will be proven wrong, it’s different this time!

BigBird likes this.
  17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Weeeeeeeeeee!

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

He never met a meme investor

RIVN ~$160 currently

Montoya likes this.
  19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

move been in it since $10

it’s set up really good with the Volvo connection and if Tesla rivian, lucid, etc and worth what they are Polestar should easily be much higher than it is currently.

R1M370 likes this.
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Despite my disdain of common sense and fundamentals, I sold my RIVN. $339 profit on 5 measly shares ain't bad for 6 days "work". Hopefully I can get back in at a more reasonable valuation.

Montoya and BigBird like this.