1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget springs, retainers, and keepers. Someone else in another said the R6 cams need them. The GYTR kit from TenKate is 999 euro.

2. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

The first year of the new supersport racing im sure will be tough but in the long run i think its the way to go. one to attract new manufactures and two better racing.

I watched every BSB race this year. Yamaha was up there (one the championship) , Ducati, Kawi, Suzuki, they all had someone in the top 5 and 10.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  3. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Some bikes do, some don't.

Edit: GYTR parts have always been overpriced compared to Kawi, Yosh, and Triumph comparables IMO.

4. stangmx13

Having many teams capable of running those programs and many riders with comparable talent definitely helps. MA SS is a little more sparse than BSB SS IMO.

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

There is a price cap form the Cams at 1000 Euros each.

And I am also curious who is finishing top 5 with a stock motor.

Few weeks ago I got to ride at Daytona with Mesa and Lochoff, my bike has a mild superbike build and those guys were still blowing by me (of course they are smaller and get better drives) but compared to other bikes on the track they were much faster.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

This has been rumoured for years, so it's not a surprise. Having the rules finalized would be a good idea yes especially for the 200.
    Also the 600 class is dead and not coming back so it's either start changing now to a new middle weight class or just shit can it until more bikes like the rumored r9 come out

7. stangmx13

Oh ya, the GYTR funnels are 1850 euros. Ridiculous.

8. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Your forgetting labor of the guy building the motors....

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What part? The ticking clock or the "New" motor modifications allowed which have not been technically detailed yet (to the public at least).

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

They have to build and tune the motor anyway, with the new cams or without.

I was just looking, a ready to race bike is $40k (from Attack, dont remember how much Graves was charging). Assuming the $5k you mentioned for the new parts, the bike could be $35k, significant difference, almost 20%. But I still dont think it is a deal breaker for any of the teams that are competing to win (only two right now anyway).

11. noles19

Well there's nothing stock about either of those bikes hahaha, the m4 bike is probably the closest to a wss bike on the grid

rafa likes this.
  12. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I keep forgetting the fact manufactures are moving away from the 600's. Amazing to think that when I first started out that it was a "beginners" class. Now those bikes are pumping out equal to more that the 750's did back then.

Something has to fill the gap between Junior Cup / Twins and the SBK.

But appears costs will keep some talent away from the grids. :mad:

13. noles19

It'll either be a new middle weight class like this is turning into or it'll be stock 1000

14. The Beer Hunter

Yeah GYTR completely fucks you over on parts. A set of cams from KRT or the old triumph ones werr like 1/4 the price.

15. The Beer Hunter

This is on top of the labor to build the base motor.

16. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

They're not allowing porting per se. Just 10mm of blending the valve seat to the port

17. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

meant kawi won the championship, bmw was in there as well.

18. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

As always, regardless of organization or regulation.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's hilarious people keep trying to bring this up for a professional race series. Of course it take money, duh.

418 likes this.