1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 Season Rule Changes

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by gcally, Nov 5, 2021.

1. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Any rule changes comming along for the 2022 season? Rumor on the street is something might happen with fuel capacity limits.

I have a couple gen 3 sv tanks on hold at the fabicatiors until I hear for sure wether or not there will be a fuel capacity limit.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

That would be silly and alienate a bunch of long time players. Now, if we get up to big enough grid sizes I could see splitting classes into SS and SB...but I don't think we're close to that yet.

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Two things I would like to see:

1. Tire warmers during red flags (no refueling no working on bike, just warmers)

2. In the interest of keeping speeds down in the pits , mandate the use of 1st gear only on pit road as you approach the pit boxes. Basically as you come down pit row, have a sign on pit road before the 1st pit box that says " SLOW DOWN 1ST GEAR" It's a rudimentary pit speed limiter that requires no cost. Yes I know liter bikes can go pretty fast in 1st gear but it's useless using an arbitrary number (45mph) when there is no way to monitor and enforce it.

rcarson15, sheepofblue and LrS like this.
  4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Speed difference between a R1 pegging off the limiter in 1st gear to a SV doing the same...no thanks

Sudowoodo and LrS like this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

you believe no speed limit is the safer choice?

LrS likes this.
  6. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Yes, because most pits are going to have a relatively terminal velocity. A R1 can't really enter hot pit any faster than what a SV650 can do. And it's an understood and well known thing for pit crews - ALL bikes are hauling ass.

I would also refer back to the historical proof of nobody getting ran over in the pits for the last 5+ years.

It's funny you say "pretty fast in 1st gear"...they can do over 100. That's like 85% of the top speed of a SV period :crackup::crackup::crackup:

7. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i think 33 km/hr is the FIM limit. standardizes things better than saying 1st gear

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

How do you know what gear they are in?

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Tough to put a number when you don't have equipment to monitor. Damn 33kph. that's pretty slow..

I get what you're saying. The 1st gear rule really wouldn't work with big bikes. The fact that nobody has been walloped in the pits in the past 5 years is a good thing. I just think something needs to be done to reduce speed in the pits to keep the run of good luck going.

10. LrS

LrS brain dead

No warmers during red flags MUST change. If we sit for 30+ minutes for whatever reason the tire carcass will be cold. I would be willing to bet we would just end up with more red flags. This rule creates safety problems.

Speed limit in pit? NO! Though I would like who and how many people can cross hot pit policed. Sometime it seems lime the entire paddock is having a look. Perhaps only those in team uniforms (actual crew) can cross? Just an idea

11. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

12. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

LrS likes this.
  13. LrS

LrS brain dead

LOVE IT

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Do you seriously think this crowd would HAVE to wheelie off the other side and on into pit lane?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd take that bet. We have few to no issues on restarts. The rule doesn't remotely cause a safety issue and sure as hell less of one than people putting generators and cords across pit lane - not to mention you're now effectively making teams thing they need a generator to be competitive.

Tire warmers are nice but not remotely a necessity for this situation.

We do control pit lane but can't be everywhere, it would help if the teams do so themselves, you know you don't need 6 people on the wall ever. The rule is 2 per team.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No fuel tank changes. At least not for 2022 for sure.

Waterboy, JJJerry and mpusch like this.
  17. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

For GNF, we did qualifying for all the classes. I dont feel we needed to dedicate a whole day to it like we did at GNF but have you thought about qualifying for all the classes in 2nd warm-up? Grid by times, followed by points, followed by time of registration?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For Endurance? I do the grid based on the practice times.

19. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

No, for normal sprint and national races. I think only the C and A expert classes qualify based off time. I heard lots of good feedback about all the classes qualifying based off of time, not just C and A.

FWIW, I race in C so I will get to qualify but I know others appreciate this including the novice classes.

20. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Was a great advantage to us to be next to our competition. We are very selective on the rounds we do so our point total was dismal.

wheelz96 likes this.